1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Thrashed...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fire3500, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Funilly enough, "never been thrashed" is on my Tinder profile .......

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Not everywhere, as an engine rebuild is about 5-10k... but am I going to ride it properly? Hell yeah! Can't wait to lay waste to some modern machinery, but I will warm the thing thoroughly first, adhere to maintenance and service it with the best quality parts and consumables... :innocent:

I don't think I abuse my own machines, as that's silly and expensive... but I expect that these things are designed as performance machines and want to enjoy them as more than ornaments. My Scrambler is loved to bits, but by god I give that thing death quite frequently and have a whale of a time!

• Like Like x 2
  3. This... ^

It's actually bloody scary when you first get on something new, you want to protect and preserve it... but then you acclimatise and start to exercise the thing a bit and get to know it. First time you open the throttle it's always exciting and scary and you think "oh no no no, this is too fast", it's part of the fun, for me at least.

To @Robarano point, no I barely scratch the surface of most bikes capabilities and I don't do track days either, and to what @chizel said I'm sure most people do not thrash litre bikes like they reckon they do (otherwise I wouldn't catch so many on my Scrambler). It's just the "never thrashed" thing. I read it so often and think "yeah right"... With a 911 I can understand the pleasure of not whupping the thing as they're just a lovely place to be as well as supremely capable but a sportsbike is uncomfortable and clunky unless you press on a bit, and they really come alive when you give them a bit of stick... Ducatis have a bit of soul so you can bobble along and enjoy the sensations but more often than not something like a Fireblade is genuinely pointless ridden slowly as they're uncomfortable and you can't see where you're going properly and they only actually make sense when you're doing silly speeds.

I dunno... it was just a thread topic, just a light moment.

4. Tinder or Grindr? :D

5. *Grindr* ....corrected for you...:kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

6. Ive never thrashed a modern superbike. Ive ridden it hard and I push on, but thrash? No way. I'd be dead. I did thrash the fucking essence out of my Lambrettas, even had a piston break free and smash its way out of the cylinder head once. But I was using fuel from a drag boat that best mates sisters boyfriend had left in his shed. I never made it off the drive. It revved to infinity and then went bang. Piston broke on gudgeon.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Quite normal behaviour for a Lambretta owner. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. MHR is ace. Exhausting and painful to ride but hardly slow and pretty confidence inspiring in the bends. Sounds epic when opened up too... surprised a bit of modern machinery and will be fun to get to know properly. I was astonished by how stable it feels. This thing would have been an absolute weapon in the early 80’s.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sounds great. One of these is on my list of "must own bikes" in the future. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mechanically sympathetic: Thats what i like to think im am. Eg my rsv4 always always feels the best after coming home from the tt. For the 8 years ive been going on it the engine always feels loose, snappy,and eager to go. It sees the red line a few times there over the mountain but thats about it. Once ive dropped off the motor way going home ( its always late at night ) ripping through Bristol to get home with no traffic around is brilliant.

11. Warm it up. Thrash te bastards arse off. Change oil often. :upyeah:

12. There’s a difference between thrashed and ridden as intended :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information