1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New 1200 Dvt S Or Base 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lord Farquaad, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Here is the new bike, picked up yesterday (bins included). As a point of note the 1260 lacks a red frame on the base/S models and the bronze wheels don’t look quite as nice in my opinion (comparing the white 1260 to the 1200 day next to each other in the showroom).

0E4F3DBD-6166-4AE3-9BD9-7C0907E537BB.jpeg

A416BC23-C2EC-486A-9EA2-F3CBA36FBFE3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Totally agree not sure a quickshifter is really necessary on sports tourer .
    Can anyone explain the facination with quickshifters

3. I was 100% with you on this, however..... Having just bought a bike with a QS, I have changed my tune a bit as I love it. I don't always use it tbh, at tootle around slow traffic type speeds I'm quite happy to clutch it, but when the road opens up or just that ya feeling plain old lazy, its a hell of a thing. Would I buy a 1260 cause of it ?? Hell no !! I'm not even convinced it suits a Multi ? But it certainly is a lot of fun to use on the bike I ride. Horses for courses I guess, it's a great thing, but I would not choose a bike cause it did/didn't have it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I thought the same when I test rode the 1260S:
    Quickshifter - hmmm (and I didn't really get on with it)
    Increased engine capacity - Hmmm (not much difference to mine with the larger rear sprocket)
    Grey frame - dull, dull, dull
    Wheel colour - quite liked them
    New body work - slightly better
    Dash - Liked this

So not really worth upgrading at this point IMHO (hence half looking for a 'new' 1200S)

5. Give Anna at Woods Abergele a call. They may have one (she mentioned it in passing after I’d ordered my one from Aylesbury. Typical, as her fellow salesman knew nothing about it the week before).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Depends, two up on holibobs and it's really nice and easy to just slip up the box. Yes you can clutchlessly shift, or you can clutch, and yes it's a first-world solution to a first-world problem... but they're kinda nice, and fun, and sound great when you're ripping up the box.

7. I was looking at pre face lift 1200S <2015 then the 2015-2017 facelift model with TFT and skyhook and then the 1260 base model.

I picked the 2017 1200S DVT....purely because someone was selling it with 800 mile on the clock and the tyres were not even bedded in for way less money. So would get something like that and pocket the rest of the money for accessories or buying another bike lol!

Also, the looks of the earlier 1200S and pikes peak is not my cup of tea. Spending money on a bike I do consider how it looks as well as how it rides. My POV of course.

there is no massive difference between the 2015-2017 1200S DVT and new 1260.

TFT is the same just the layout is more friendlier to use, not that you will need to fiddle with it all the time. once novelty wears off you wont care much.

LED both models have the same LED headlights.

Skyhook was what everyone were moaning or praising, but I took the plunge anyway as 90% of people out there dont need Ohlins or razor sharp precision handling on the road unless you have a smooth road everywhere around where you live.

The 2015-2017 model is a shorter wheel base means slighlty better steering (sporty) vs a longer wheel base on 1260 which by no means is slow but people who do have an enthusiastic spirit say it can be slow on quick corners. All depends on how you ride on this point!

if its the increase torque blah balh there is always Rapidevo module which is tune the bike perfectly automatically and will always give a better map that Ducatis default regardless of the bike.

8. I had a demo on the 1260S at the weekend. I felt that the Translogic quickshifter on my 1200S DVT was a better upshift than the one on the 1260. The 1260 shift felt like it had a bit of an engine dip through the shift. I'm not overly fussed by the autoblip. I tend to cluchless shift on the way down anyway.

The engine on the 1260 does feel a bit better. Seems to pull a bit better. I have a Rapidbike module to fit to the DVT. Should be interesting to see if it improves.

Would I change? Not any time soon.

9. That looks great. Wish that the 1260s came with red frame and black wheels, prefer those TBH but was lured in by the other upgrades and the spangly new thing factor...

May the difference be partially down to the 1260 being a newer not run in bike compared to yours? Is the Translogic tune-able for cut, delay etc. as I believe there's no means for adjustment on the OEM quick shifter, though I haven't fully investigated this if the truth be told.

I totally get that. If I'd had a 1200 prior to my 1260 I wouldn't have bothered either, both fantastic bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information