1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 1299 New 1299s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Union8, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Well today for my first ride of my new (to me) 1299s Panigale it’s 2015 with nearly 6k on the clock, and as an owner of 996 I found the mannerism to be quite similar. firstly it does not like town 1st gear most of the time 3000rpm below that need to slip the clutch, similar to 996. The handling is so light and precise looking forward to some nice dry days to explore a little further. On the whole it’s a grown up 996 with electronics and I think we are going to get along just fine. 1st mod is going to be tank grips and comfort seat not that I did not find the seat uncomfortable but it’s very slippery.

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  2. Very nice. I have owned the 748/998 series including the 1199 and for me the 1299 is the best by far in terms of comfort, technology and overall riding experience. I recently purchased a comfort seat from Ducati Croydon for £160 delivered which is cheaper than whats on eBay. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you, So what is the difference between the comfort seat and race seat it looks like the same material is just the thickness of the padding ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Pretty much the same shape, the race is harder and easier to move about on, both higher than standard. I can sell you a race if you want to try one !!!!

5. Thank you for the offer but I think I will go with the comfort seat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mate is it an Ali tank or steel please??

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Wait until you open the throttle and let it hit 8k and up…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I might go in the garage tomorrow and try mine

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pretty much as you have said. I find it more sympathetic to my butt bone :motorcycleduc:. The added height also makes the leg positioning on the pegs more comfortable although that may just be placebo :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. So it would seem that I have an Aluminium tank, but what is the significance of this ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Unfortunately the road where in no conditions to really open it up, but was getting a nice popping on the upshift

12. I kept sliding forward on the regular seat, swapped for the taller and flatter race seat and wouldn’t ever go back

• Like Like x 1
  13. The comfy one is also very good

• Like Like x 1
  14. Or get the std seat recovered and customised with a gel pack. Cheaper as well.

• Like Like x 2
  15. So I have manage to get a comfort seat which I am hoping will arrive next week, but I have one question what is the general consensus if I have the comfort seat which will grip me do I still need to have tank grips also and if so any recommendations, I normally use stompgrips but not particularly good looking.

16. I found the comfy seat good without the tank grips bud

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'd suggest try it, from memory the 899 I had the comfort seat is less slippery. You may still want tank grips to save marking up the tank with ya knees..

Take a look at the Eazi grips, 3 different versions: Eazi-Grip Ducati 899/959/1199/1299 Panigale Black 2011-2018 Tank Grips - Eazi-Grip & Eazi-Guard

#17 Sicilian, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. +1 for East-grip, bit kinder on your leathers than stomp grips, and I found them easier to apply, mostly bubble free!! Think you can zoom in

IMG_7387.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Congrats on the 1299s! For me, and I know the 1299s is a much better bike than my 1199s, I must say I am enjoying my old 998 more than the Panigale these days. I have my 1199s probably setup as good as its going to be, upmap and Termi half system smoothed out the fueling and gave slightly more mid range, comfort seat was better for my 6' 2" frame but for city riding which is the majority of my riding these days due to free time constrains the 998 is just much more fun. Having said that if my 1199s is anything to go by the speed is ridiculous just keeps going and going so I imagine the 1299s is next level.

20. That's my 996

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information