1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 750ss Owner In Surrey

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by 900theginge, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Hello all,

Thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Rob, I’m new to Ducati ownership but have been riding for some 25 years now. I feel like I’ve owned everything but a Ducati (my other bike is currently a ZZR1400) but finally pulled up the courage to get beyond some of the stories you here and go for it.

I’ve found a gorgeous 1996, 750SS with only 6300 original miles. Apparently it’s lived much of its life in someone’s house and I bought it off a chap who had about 15 bikes in his collection.

I’ve ridden it the 18 miles gone and it feels spot on (although nothing to compare it to). The gearbox is beautifully smooth and precise, the engine seemed fine but felt a bit chuggy if I wasn’t in the right gear at low speed. It’s cleaned up a dream and I look forward to to those Sunday rides on it when the roads dry out.

A7AE9580-4B6F-460D-B6B6-D2C293D85C31.jpeg

45E84727-3574-4E11-BA8C-0E0A0864AC54.jpeg

63B27795-166B-4715-AC71-2ADDA067A361.jpeg

F9425895-4F1E-4FEC-BB83-44DB4AE09EFF.jpeg

24B84379-6374-49CB-9698-43B8033B95E7.jpeg

D420CC41-68D3-45E0-8045-4996A9A27CB4.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  2. You lucky, lucky, lucky.....clucky, cluck, cluck, cluck......

.....sorry, went off on one there........

.......git.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Glad you found the Forum, that looks a beauty and reflects the mileage despite a bit of pickling. :upyeah:

4. Very nice condition bike, great find & welcome

5. Thanks chaps. Looking forward to to getting involved in the forum. Yep it’s in fantastic condition for the age. A few spots here and there and the standard engine paint issues but not too bad at all. It only has one key....are these easy to get hold of?

6. So that’s what a clean one looks like!
    Welcome to the forum

7. Hi there,i've the same problem with my recent purchase as it only came with a single key:rolleyes:.You can get a blank key from any dealer or ebay for under £15.00 & then just get it cut from a local key cutter.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Very nice that, an SS has to be my next bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks mate, I’ve found one on eBay so I’ll buy that now

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good looking bike, enjoy revving it at +7k r.p.m and listening to the airbox howling. Notoriously strong engines, so you can wring it's neck with confidence. Surprisingly good handling too. Pure Ducati.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. welcome ginge, loving the ss.

12. Oh that’s lovely newbie, I’m partial to a nice SS I don’t think I need a bin or do I :)

welcome into our mad house

13. You must be smitten Ducbird :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. @Ducbird She's a very cheap date if you ever mention those magic SS letters.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Is that stockings and suspenders :blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. That always goes down well with christmas pud.:upyeah:

17. Welcome from another Supersport owner.

I love the look of the SS but you need a cowl for the rear seat for the full effect.

I have a brand new one still with the box one if you are looking :)

DSC_0395.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yes please! It is really missing that

19. Welcome to Ducati owenership hope you enjoy the Ducati forum great first intro

Do Not Sell My Personal Information