1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 899 Owner (former Macca And Andy800 Bike)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by woody86, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Hi guys,

New to the forum after purchasing an 899. Long story short, I wanted an R32 GTR but couldn't find one for my budget so decided to move onto the next bucket item on the list. Luckily Ducati Nottingham put me in contact with Macca and we finally cemented the deal a couple of weeks ago.

Im completely new to sportsbikes after previously riding supermotos. Also working on a BMW R100rs and converting her to a cafe racer style bike. Super excited to ride the 899 even though the ergonomics feel aggressive on the wrist and hands! Hopefully it's just a matter of trying to get used to it.

I've recently installed the Ducati spacers mod to the throttle and it's transformed the bike. I would like to add some more carbon goodies, look at some professional touch up of the paint from the regular stone chips etc but main focus is to try and build my confidence on her.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  2. Welcome to the forum.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice, welcome

4. Welcome! Bike looks fab! Converted to single-sided swing arm too! :heart_eyes:

5. And the all important termis, still miss my 899: welcome along looks like you are in for some fun and games enjoy.

6. Hi and welcome. Is that @Andy800’s old nail? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the warm welcome. It is indeed Andy's old girl

I had a nice surprise the other day. I was doing a bit of late night shopping and I wanted the carbon bit that fits on the termi's and also fancied switching them to the titanium version. So I jumped out of bed bollock naked, headed down to the garage to inspect how the carbon would fit and quickly realised that it already had the carbon fancy bits and the termi's were the titanium version! I went back to bed a happy man haha. The missus thinks I'm a bloody wierdo since getting this bike.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. May have a carbon BST off my 899 going in A few months if TKCC pull their bloody finger out(loom issue). Will fit your swing arm as mines got one like yours:upyeah:

6C7361B4-AABD-4BDC-A70A-9329219B5E0E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome woody86, we have all missed the boat now where an R32 GTR is concerned - to think it wasn't that many years ago I said no to one for $15,000, (Aussie $), now I'd need to add around $100,000 to that to get one here! :tired_face:

10. is that how you got the name of woody? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. It is indeed. Glad to see it’s still on the Forum.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great to see old and new owners sharing in the joy :)

welcome into our mad house

Don’t forget my rubbish bin pictures

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. welcome and nice bike. Love the gold wheels!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Welcome and enjoy!

15. Greetings! Pretty bike matey - very nice!

16. You going to the same place on Saturday?

17. Welcome! It's 899 day on the forum, was yours free too! :)

18. Sadly I’m now working Saturday. Plus 899 is still at dealers (now 2 weeks on a bench) re cam-gate.
    So gutted not being able to go.

19. Welcome. Enjoy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information