1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 916 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Danny88, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Welcome, Q bond is very good, I had the same happen to mine and I managed to weld it back with a soldering iron, it's held firm for around four years now.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  2. I always used to tape the Fairings together on my 748 and 916...just in case the dzus fasteners let go, for additional security.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Had mine do the same as Chiz.Made me jump!.I ended up sticking an aftermarket one piece bellypan on.Not much use as youre keeping it original.So,make sure its repaired well!Oh,welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yea, gaffer tape saved the day but its not something like to repeat!
    had the side stand bolt work loose as well and came out the petrol station to find it lying on the ground...

• Like Like x 1

5. Fuck that, I would have shat my pants. I defiantly will thanks for the advice. It won’t be out until it gets warmer and dry so will get it done before hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. it was a shock to be sure. Didn't know wtf was going on.
    luckily I was clear of the truck as I did some pretty erratic swerving!
    while ya doing bits and bobs, see if you can find a 848/1098 side stand.
    it makes the bike sit more upright, the standard one is scary

• Like Like x 1
  7. I made a hole new tab in qbond using child's modeling clay to get the shape.

8. Yeah I may have to do the same as the hole is broken too so be difficult to get some strength into it again.

9. I can imagine. Brown leathers for me.

The stand on mine is not a auto retractable one but may look into what you’re saying. Will take all advice.. thanks.

10. Got a 916 just love going in and having a look at it congrats mate love mine

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got a 916 just love going in and having a look at it congrats mate love mine

• Like Like x 1
  12. Definitely one of, if not the best looking bike ever made in my very bias opinion :D

#34 Danny88, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Your other alternative would be to bolt it. A 91-97 super sport has a metal bracket, drill a hole in each fairing lower on the flat bit and put a well-nut and a standard Ducati bolt and that would look unobtrusive.

14. Good idea, I remember in the nc30 those fragile tongues at the bottom snapped all the time so I drilled some holes and cable tied it. Doesn’t seem right to do that on this bike though.

15. Yeah I did that on my 749. A metal bracket could even be made with a bolt / well-nut on one side and a Dzus on the other.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yeah it’s defiantly a good and strong fix I think. I’ll let the horror of my new bank account balance settle down and then look to get this repaired. Luckily it’s the g that needs attentions. The rest of the bike is immaculate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ]you def need to put a longer side stand on e.g. a 848 one if you set the bike up to the suspension guide section 8.It raises the rear so the bike will lean over more on the stand.congrats on the purchase.Listen to old Chiz advice he knows what he's on about.

18. Here is my 97 916.It was standard but was too tempted with all the ebay bling.

20180111_080640.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information