1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Addition To The Garage.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Duncs, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Welcome to the muttly cru ! Mines a 2010 and love it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Still got my 2010, as nothing else has rocked my boat sufficiently since…

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  3. It looks like a bargain to me, I hope you have many safe and smiley miles on her. I am scouring the internet as we speak looking for something similar

• Like Like x 1
  4. It has a couple of small problems 1 being a small dent on the front wheel rim and the digital dash has the indicator lights glowing occasionally . Other than that its in very good condition for the year . Unfortunately I have to wait couple of weeks before I can pick it up , while I make room in the garage .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Tanks Paul , there were plenty of bins around wasn't thinking , no excuses I know .

6. Fantastic do it all bikes, enjoy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. The dash light bleed issue is a common one for that model/age. Mine did it and was lucky to get clocks replaced. However, the mileage on the early model can not be transferred over to new clocks. All part of the Ducati 'joy of ownership' feeling. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hope you’ve made your garage nice and secure now then Duncan ?

9. I got a quote of 1k to replace wheel and dash . I think I'll just live with it for now . The wheel damage is only slight and doesn't affect performance .

10. Not yet ,had new door fitted . Going to buy the siren and infra red camera soon . Also getting some more chains and locks at the bike show next week . Thinking about a tracker for the multi .

11. I presume it will have had the original cylinder heads replaced at some point. If not, I fear you may be in for an expensive bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Very nice, always quite liked the white 1200 MTS. State safe and enjoy riding it

13. I don’t think the porous heads problem was anything like universal: my 2010 was one of the first batch off the line and - so far - I’ve not seen any trace of the issue arising. I did have the collapsing radiator, which was replaced in 2016 under goodwill by DUK.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Hi have just recently joined this forum having just bought the same coloured multistrada. Also looking at the manual trying to get used to menus! Been really impressed with ride. Did 340miles last week without ass ache! Do you find a lot of wind noise? That's my only beef with it. You got it for a good price .Roll on the summer.

15. Your lucky I've only done 15 miles as I haven't picked it up yet . Maybe the 24th . Sounds encouraging regards the ass ache though . I noticed wind noise when I rode it as well and will buy a Givi screen to try out . There are posts on here recommending them .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Coincidentally bought a few items in a job lot and one of them was a Givi screen. Fitted it to ride home after collecting the items and did notice an improvement.Going down the fitted earplug route as well . Should be getting them soon so will see how that goes. Just need some riding weather.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I had the 2011 version of the same bike... Beautiful machine. I put 12k miles on it in roughly a year.
    I absolutely love the color.
    Unfortunately I slid off the road into a ditch one early morning, and the insurance wrote it off.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mine a 2011 has gone at 17000, in the slow process of trying to get them sorted

• Like Like x 1
  19. OK. But you do not say how many miles the engine has done. If you have done anything over 24,000 miles on the original heads you are either very lucky ... or coming due for an expensive repair.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information