1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Age Mattresses... Anyone Used

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JH_1986, Aug 19, 2018.

1. So the wife has gone and found a new super king bed. Maybe she’s trying to tell me we need to be further apart. We’re now mattress shopping and these new hybrid mattresses like Simba, Eve, Otty etc...

I can read loads of online reviews but it is hard to ascertain which ones are truly unbiased or real world. At the moment I’m siding towards the Otty as it gets rated as cooler than the Simba and is cheaper. My wife is a hot sleeper.

2. That’s what all the boys say! ;)

3. What are they doing that I’m not :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Have you tried buying her a Mk1 Multi?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. My wife is a hot sleeper.[/QUOTE]

Maybe try a good quality silk duvet, expensive but worth it and keep the bedding thread count under 300.

6. The good thing about your wish for a memory/foam ones is, most are 100 day trials and no cost to you to return. Get one out of the lot you think you want and trial it.

I know what you mean about the temp. I run a few degree's hotter than most which is crap at the summer time as I can't get a chick in bed for love nor money, come winter, they are all over me like a rash but they could get the same effect from a hot water bottle

• Like Like x 1
  7. Can’t comment on the above but in my opinion I wouldn’t entertain a tempur mattress.

Bought a new memory foam one that felt amazing in store.

Got it delivered and was told it would take 3 months to break in.

Actually took a year !

It’s hot and every time you want to turn over you wake up as it locks you in position.

The worst £2200 I’ve ever spent :weary_face:

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Everything else in the bedroom is fast and over very quickly o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I got an Ergoflex mattress a few years ago. Quite a firm mattress and does take a while to “bed in”. They used to be online only, and would have a sale twice a year when everything would be 50% off for 1 month. Now the mattress has bedded in, and I’m used to it, I really rate it.

One of the reasons most offer a 100 night free trial, is that it will take you 2 to 3 months to get used to a memory foam mattress.

10. Bullet bitten... Otty mattress ordered up so I suppose we’ll see. Bed not being delivered but yet but we’ll be well within the 100 days to road test it

11. I'm pretty sure the last memory mattress I tried was female, it remembered everything

12. Probably couldn’t get out of bed either because those female ones remember everything and never let anything go

13. Old public schoolboy joke circa 1950:

What's a mistress?
    It's something in between a Mr and a mattress.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information