1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

2. nice

what’s the plan?

3. Could fit a sun dial ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just black gloss with a sticker kit that I bought off ebay then lacquer over the top. I'm stuck with the original black tank so I'm not going to go mad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’m getting a sbk tank cover for mine mate

don’t trust myself not to spoon it haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get a tank cover, saves the original paint

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You might find this watchable. Nothing you dont know already but enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2204BCBD-75FA-468F-8E2D-A601128DC82D.jpeg

Yesterday concluded my final U.K. day of the year at Donington (probably all together to be honest for 2020).

Really lucky with the weather. Was actually warm for the most part and was sliding all over the place on 5 day old totally battered slicks :laughing:

The gearing changes I’ve made to the bike were really positive. No more 1st gear at Melbourne and Goddards :)

this has changed the geometry though, moving the wheel base back (longer) is now highlighting that the rear dampening control isn’t working for me at all. It was like riding a horse it was so bouncy in some sections. And with it being so soft the bike tended to wheelie like an absolute bastard at times.

ABS will be coming out over winter thank god. I lost brakes again going in to redgate. They were generally a little more consistent having bled them thoroughly prior to the day. But randomly loosing them is less than ideal. Braking used to be my strong point but with the abs ‘I’ just can’t do anything on the brakes really.

As said, next steps are race fairings and a system, abs bypass, (probably) PF pads which I’ll be testing and work out what to do with that shock!

• Like Like x 3
  9. What gearing did you settle for Adam? I'm thinking of sending mine to PCR for ABS bypass and full system.

10. Hey bud,

16/44.

Once my van arrives I’ll be getting mine up to MSG for the same sort of thing :)

11. I'll be getting rid of the abs over winter and fitting these

IMG_20200921_164650.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. very nice !

13. Not sure if this has been posted already, but it made me chuckle. Ducati V4 well beaten by a 15 year old GSXR in the hands of some very competent riders/racers. Turns out we want new stuff because it’s shiny, not better.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 4F6B8AE4-8C87-48A5-9255-CDD0B6140A33.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mini moto A4924188-DB14-4A97-A888-1946CFB270FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Looks like you need the next size up. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Yes. It’s far to small for you.
    Would fit me though ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. New shiny stuff

04DDC707-5673-4DA6-B9E4-27AF05AB21D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hey @Advikaz was the C/F stuff from Carbon2Race?

Having spent a lot of $$$ on C/F for my Ducatis I'm interested in the quality of this stuff as I'm considering it for my own bike. Could you give an opinion please?

20. Hey buddy,

this is from jap4 performance. Me and four friends all ordered at the same time my gsxr, a couple of new r1’s and a gen 4 bmw.

paid £212 all in which I was very happy with and they fit perfectly.

I can take some close ups if you would like? I’ve never really had carbon before so can’t compare it to anything else but I’m very happy with it.

Adam

Do Not Sell My Personal Information