1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

1. It does look cool,my mate said it looks cool when i passed him at Snetterton on Friday. The trouble is, you can't see it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. Key thing being. You passed him :)

3. Absolutely

4. She bangs!

upload_2021-7-13_20-31-3.png

upload_2021-7-13_20-32-40.png

upload_2021-7-13_20-32-9.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Nice!
    Any noticeable difference in lap times?

6. It’s a totally different bike. Loved it immediately it’s bloody awesome.

did take me ages to get used to riding it though having spent a while on it stock and not really ridden ‘properly’ since 2019.

Stunning thing to ride though. Power everywhere, stacks of it. So smooth and linear. Fuelling is spot on. Throttle connection great. Handles like it’s on rails.

it’s just the organic dickhead riding it that needs sorting now :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. @Advikaz Checked the thread but there are no specifics (I can see) for how the full system was mapped in terms of software. I can only see a reference to custom mapping.

I have a 2020 same model with SC Project pipe but want to go for full system. I'm in Australia, would appreciate any info on how the mapping was done on your bike. Cheers.

P.S. With the Lextek system did you just order the downpipes, which seem to come with the cat delete link pipe, or did you have to order anything else?

#827 Brouny851, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1

8. Hey bud,

mine was mapped by JBM. Direct to ecu mapping with custom traction, anti wheelie and engine braking maps.

the headers were from lextek yeah, I ordered the headers and the lambda bung.

then fitted my yoshi end can to those Headers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks @Advikaz really appreciate the info. I have the lextek system on way to Aust and a guy here lined up to do a Woolich tune.

Sorry I keep bugging you for info, hope you don't mind - did you upgrade air filter and if so what did you go for?

BTW, don't know if it's your thing but I fitted a Yoshi QAT to the bike and although not cheap it was worth every cent.

Cheers.

10. Anytime mate, no problem.

I haven’t done the air filter, I’m of the thinking that the stock item isn’t particularly restrictive. There is peak power to be made from the stacks though (velocity stacks). I haven’t done them but I know many who have. Mwr do them, as do msg racing amongst others. (If I was doing a filter I’d probably go with mwr as well).

I haven’t touched throttle in terms of mechanics only the mapping. I would consider one though, thanks for the heads up !

good luck with the bike, mine was a totally different animal after mapping and a full system

#830 Advikaz, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Hopefully this is the end of brake fade!

Better be o_O

DD379031-2FC0-40A8-BE2E-403DC970EBC3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah that Motul 300V should do it :joy:. All joking aside, I can't see how that fluid, with those pads and no ABS wouldn't help... Only things to do after that are master cylinder and calipers o_O

Giving the mini beast a drink too
    PXL_20210723_134753601.jpg

• Like Like x 1

13. I’ve got a Brembo Costa coffee master cylinder. Custom H pattern Hel lines and rbf660 in it at present

lever was still back to the bar after a few laps.

It HAS to be the pads now. They’re only sbs sintered happy shoppers afterall.

The only original item is the calipers!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. That bradders. He’s a reet bastid. :D

• Funny Funny x 1

15. Think it was the size joke earlier in your shunt thread.

he’s off on the scoff now to comfort himself :laughing::sob::laughing:

16. Fact that you’ve spunked all that on the brakes and they are still typical gixer shit ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wankers ;)

#838 bradders, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. tis true :heart:

19. Love you x

Do Not Sell My Personal Information