1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike: Gsxr1000r (the Gixxer Thread)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, Jun 7, 2020.

1. I've got a full hel set up on mine. Night and day compared to standard

• Like Like x 1
  2. How is the mupo shock. Im about to pull the plug on a ketch rear shock and front cartridge kit

3. Really good. Very happy with it. No issues.

plush I think would be the word I’d use

4. EBC GPFAX Pro are the business - ignore detractors.

Sprint P0851-85 is also the only way to go with filters :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

5. I ran a sprint on the dyno back to back against stock and the big daddy mwr on my old race bike.

the only filter the bike made anymore power with was the mwr interestingly. Probably why most of wsbk use them tbf. Things like stacks make a bigger difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah @Advikaz it's me again. And of course more questions. When fitting the Lextek headers did you replace the gasket crush washers with newies?

Next, velocity stacks. Know anyone who has gone for these - my tuner is trying to talk me into them but the AUD exchange rate isn't brilliant. So ... would you? (and no he's not an MWR fan "SBK use MWR but what do MotoGP use mate??" blah blah) - don't worry about the brand, they're about the same price and HP increase.

https://www.venturisystem.com/suzuk...city-stacks-suzuki-gsx-r-1000-2017-air-funnel

7. Hey bud,

The stacks make a few more ponies if mapped correctly. Depends how much you want a few more ponies really ?

I can’t say I’d notice or miss it personally. Generally you’re looking at 2/2.5 bhp gains from 7.6-9.8k and 3.5/4 bhp up to the red line from 13k.
    They arguably represent good value for money for the horse power gains. If that’s what you’re after. Most seem to raise the Rev limit ever so slightly also. (150rpm rings a bell).

I think Venturi stacks are the brand Gav at msg uses.

I used the original gaskets mate. They were spot on.

• Like Like x 1

8. Thought you’d enjoy this

BBDCB439-7FCA-4A46-9F1B-FEA51863AFA3.jpeg 2D6D7CC5-D6C5-4F5E-A106-02BA83660493.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks for that. Not much clearance for the link pipe! I'll post some pics up as I fit the new system/filter/probs velocity stacks!

These are a few of mine.

CF Swingarm (2021_03_29 11_03_35 UTC).jpg At SC Project 2 (2021_03_29 11_03_35 UTC).jpg Rear tyre Collie (2021_03_29 11_03_35 UTC).jpg Collie#22 (2021_03_29 11_03_35 UTC).JPG Best together 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  10. The goods have arrived ... my tuner is booked until September so just going to stare at this stuff for a while ... :(

Exhaust Crop.jpg sprint air filter.jpg velocity stacks.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Very nice !

What can you running? That SC will be superbly loud :heart_eyes:

12. Yeah planning to hook the new system to the SC Project pipe. We don't have noise limits here as there are only 2 tracks within reach of Perth and neither has residences anywhere near. I'll just firmly plant the plugs in the ears.

Question #268: Would you fit the system/filter/stacks (or one/two of those) knowing that the bike is not going to run optimally until you can get the thing tuned - or wait on?

Question #269: when taking off the OEM system did you just disconnect the cables plugged into it at the exhaust and also to wherever they lead (technical term :laughing:)?

Cheers mate.

13. Fitted the kteck shock. Forks have had the cartridge kit fitted but cant pick them up till Wednesday Screenshot_20210731-191710_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Slowly getting back to grips with riding again and learning the Suzuki.

got down to low 40’s at Donington on a two day old Pirelli that was past it’s wear markers which I am happy with.

Bikes lovely to ride, excellent chassis. A lot to work on still but it’s a nice situation as a lot of the areas of improvement are fairly obvious :)

had some great battles with a couple of bsb riders in the morning. Naturally I got smashed by the faster of the bsb lot, but was great fun regardless.

Gpfax pads sorted the braking issues out. Still getting a bit of lever travel but nothing I can’t manage. They’re good enough for where I’m at, at the moment.

781C8A41-3C59-463B-9BAB-A524D04011C4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  15. IMG_6961.JPG
    Bit out of shape on a two day old pirelli

IMG_3736.JPG

My trademark Monster wheelie

IMG_5417.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Great pace it is ! Nice knee dangling too !

• Thanks Thanks x 1

17. Getting back to it mate!

Lots of work to do on my riding !

18. I’m 6ft4 mate. I make most bikes, even 1000’s look like a kids bike from toysR’us :sob:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information