1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike Owner (ducati Monster 600)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Laura Wedgewood, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Thanks for all your help. New battery seems to have done the trick. Took it off for a full charge

• Like Like x 2
  2. That is a peculiar sound.
    Its sometimes hard to judge from a video but that sounds to me like the battery is ok but either ..
    1) The starter solenoid is operating repeatedly but failing to turn the starter motor .. ie there is possibly a fault with the starter motor.
    or 2) The starter motor is operating but failing to turn the motor over .. indicating a possible fault with the starter sprag clutch.
    I'm surprised it started with a recharged battery .. maybe that was just a coincidence ..?

Also, you won't hear the fuel pump priming because you have a carburettor model and they have a vacuum operated fuel pump.

Finally, as its a monster, I should point you in the direction of UKMOC .. (uk monster owners' club).
    They're a helpful lot on there and also will be familiar with monster-specific issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greetings! Monsters are great bikes (some say I might be biased)

4. you might be Jez, but at least you take the trouble to read all previous posts, bless you. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Hello and welcome

6. Here is a link for the cable upgrade, I have fitted them and they do improve the cranking over
    http://www.exact-start.com/

7. That’s fab
    They don’t like standing still unused keep riding it :)
    Don’t forget your bins we like pics of your bins sand it’s a newbie rule

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Great to see you mastered the starting,Welcome on board and enjoy the Ducati vibes.:):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome and enjoy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information