1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Bike - Panigale R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Furyous, Oct 12, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. I love those exhausts and I've got the checa replica wheels on order too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. That looks amazing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I rode my cousins panigale r today that he’s just bought for a song and I can concur that the suspenders are rock hard but then I suppose it is a track machine really. Didn’t think it was much faster than a normal panigale 1199. Reckon the engine spun up a bit quicker but that was about it. Exhaust sound lovely tho but I prefer his rsv4 tho which would be my next choice if I bother with another sports machine.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What did he pay - year and mileage :thinkingface:

5. 6500 miles ish, 2013 plate paid £12800 for it, Private sale. needed tyres when he got it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2013 is a mk1 R.

mk2 is totally different beast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Would make a great track day bike but that suspension on Britain’s roads would be a fuckin nightmare

8. I just had all mine softened up with lighter springs installed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. As above, not a Panigale R but a 1199R which is nearer to a blinged up S :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. They sound nice though don’t they :):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It’s funny that the consensus is stiff for track.

when all the racers I know run the front as soft as they can get away with

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. For me, front standard settings are far too soft and bottom out. I can just dial it in enough with preload and clickers
    without having to put heavier springs in, but there ain't a lot of travel left when you have been chasing times hard.
    Its still as soft as I can go without bottoming.
    Don't know whether going up a spring rate and then easing everything back would make more sense, but I've had set up from
    2 pros, and neither recommended that route, so I have left the standard weight up to now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah @hyperdildo , that’s right, your mates bike’s shit :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tough crowd

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. If your going to be a bear be a grizzly mate :upyeah::bucktooth:

16. But that’s still stiffer than the road. Or you’d wallow and have the front bottom out. Also why suspension builders use at least one spring heavier for track than road.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I run a 9.5 spring in the front of mine and I’m a heavy bastard.
    Dave will tell you as well I’m about as late a braker as they come too

I should be easily a 10.5 on paper. Easily

18. Dobt you'd be running that on standard suspension tho. You have decent valving etc working too, whereas even the gen 1 panigale R wont

#120 bradders, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information