1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike Time!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by carson, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Proving that often great things can come in small packages ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. That's what I tell my wife every day!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Awesome bikes

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have the same inside leg so RSV maybe work. Hmmmm

5. Have a go on one mate. The sound is unbelievable :heart_eyes:

6. i do fancy an rsv4, but like rich i find them very tall in the seat

7. You much taller than me mate. You must be at least 5’8” ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Might just have to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If a short arse like me can get in with it then I'm sure other vertically challenged people can.

You don't notice it riding, it's only when you first throw your leg over, stopping and manoeuvring.

I was worried and I'm a bit of a fanny tbh, but I've gelled with it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. To be fair I was exactly like that on my V4s. Real top toes time but it’s just confidence that is needed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Probably one of the best sounding bikes you can buy!

I test rode the 1100 when it was just released and remember thinking, this soundtrack is going to get me jailed. You just want to keep accelerating to listen to the engine

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I just take my time and try and not get flustered when people are watching!!

I get very envious of those people that have both feet planted and reverse their bike with ease....bastards!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Totally agree with that. I have to be very very careful because it eggs you on and before you know it you're at warp speed.

I've recently bought a Monster 1200R for more sedate riding and it's done the trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. @carson , 2 years later, how has the R1M and Gen4 1000RR been?

15. I'm actually currently stripping my R1 of the nice parts to sell it! It's been a good bike but I can't justify having it sat there just for trackdays and I'm not bothered by a litre bike on the road.

Ref comments about how tall they are, I'm 6ft but I found the RSV4 taller because it's wide across the front of the seat, where as the R1 allows your legs to sit quite close together. Not much in it though.

I personally think I might have kept the litre bike if it was an RSV4 but the R1 isn't 'special' in the way I want a road bike to be

16. Both are gone but wish I’d kept my R1M if I’m honest. I’ve still got 2 R1s for the track and run a Panigale V4S on the road although I’ve only ridden it twice.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information