1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel New Bike

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, Apr 15, 2017.

1. After 17 years of riding sports bikes, mainly Ducati, I've now took the plunge and tried something new. 2014 Gen II Diavel Carbon, with full Termi system, came via Ducati Manchester.

It took some very clever man maths, but, I've been able to keep the 749r which will be semi retired.

Did a few mile on the Diavel today, great to ride, but feels strange ... but in a good way.

The Termi' sound awesome.

A few bits of carbon planned, then just enjoy the summer on a my new bike.

Ducati Diavel 15th April 2017 - 1.jpg Ducati Diavel 15th April 2017 - 2.jpg 749r Profile.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. With the longer wheel base you need to plan your turn in just that little bit earlier than the 749. Girlfriend has a real hoot on her's but a word of caution, enthusiastic riding pushes the front tyre which causes it to lip quite quickly so keep an eye on it. Enjoy. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Welcome to the Diavels,,Pretty much the same as you ,been riding sports and the odd cruiser for years then looked at the Diavel at Mcr bike show and took a shine to them, Anyhow a few weeks ago went to Hunts in Manchester to look at one,and to be fair I wasn't impressed with them, they new nothing about the bike and it was at a lock up 2 miles away covered in dust , so we went to Ducati Mcr and Martin pulled out this gleaming 2012 carbon with 4k on the clock and full Termis and complete service history, Sold!!, and he gave me a good deal on my Yam Bolt, Faultless service.
    I had the wife out on it the other day and she has a bad back but we spent a good 1.5 hr riding and she got off without a problem,, the only downside I found apart from the hard-to-find neutral is the poor lights on the front , but I don't intend on doing too much night riding.
    So at the end of the day I'm so happy with it,:grinning:
    Have fun and stay safe
    Rick

• Like Like x 1
  4. If this was about 6 weeks ago, I saw your bike in Ducati MCR, mine was the 2014 one sat at the side of yours.

Thought it was just me who struggled to find neutral.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cracking bikes! Not had an issue finding neutral on mine (2011 Gen 1). Can you adjust the gear lever?

Brilliant bike for enjoying rides around Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire & Derbyshire. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think you can adjust the lever , maybe just me not used to the riding position

• Like Like x 1
  7. My problem with finding neutral, I also think it's the different riding position and getting used to a new bike, rather than an issue with the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. After a Monster & a Sport Classic I found the riding position somewhat different. Having tried a bike with the standard seat, I found the taller touring seat provides a better riding position for me on the Diavel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great bikes. Bit of a culture shock after sport bikes, but total fun in a different way. Hey, and these things can shift as well.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  10. I love the Diavel. I could look at the rear end of it all day. Superb bike congrats.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Most of the lads I ride with Do,,,,:grin::grin::grin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information