1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New Bike

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by rab, Dec 10, 2018.

1. I traded in my beemer for the v4 after reading the reviews is it that good im hoping cause my bmw is a great bike been riding for years zx10r fireblade gsxr1000 just feel now I want something special tell me im doing the right thing :):(:confounded:

pani-v4-2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4018.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2171.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Oh god the V4 vs the HP4

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You did ride the V4 before comming to a decision, didn’t you ? Andy

4. I prefer the look of the B.M. o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hp4 all the way ! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Less Chinesey plasticky perhaps :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Love the HP4. Those are not normal HP4 calipers though :thinkingface:

The red bike is also nice :p

#7 Jimmy899, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  8. Congratulations on the new bike, htr :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. That’s a gen 3 with hp4 decals, they produced the HP4 from 2013-2014 I believe, then from 2015 onwards it was the gen 3 which had lots of technology from the HP4, the only alternative they made was the HP4 race.

I went from the gen 1 to the 1299, I was considering the gen 3 and went to see one, for me the gen 3 albeit crammed with better technology wasn’t far enough removed from the gen 1, some subtly changed that most wouldn’t noticed. Headlights are a big give away I suppose!

I think you’ll love it......

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Mate I did the same and like you absolutely loved the RR. I've had a few Ducatis so not new to them, the V4 is bloody brilliant I'm sure you won't regret it. My only issue is the recalls but i suppose its to be expected being a gen 1 bike. _AJP7971.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. magic thanks paul good to hear the rr was a weapon so I was a bit worried

12. Late to the thread, but I had all 3 generations of the S1000RR (and 2 S1000Rs - bleh). The 2015 S1000RR was an awesome machine. It was super easy to ride, and relentlessly fast.

But this year I bought a V4S because it was about time I understood what the fuss was about it with Ducatis. (OK, I saw the V4 at the NEC and thought it was gorgeous.)

Running the V4S in, I was pretty worried that I'd paid a lot of money for not much gain in performance. But after 1,500 miles of purgatory, I finally got to use the throttle and prove myself wrong. It makes power in a different way to the BMW. Whack the throttle open from lower revs in the lower gears and its startling. Huge torque and low weight, means in the right conditions it will pick the front wheel up in 3rd gear. So its rude not to...

It looks like it wants to kill you, and on the UK roads it can warp space time so fast that's a real likelihood. But it's definitely more comfortable and actually slightly more forgiving than the BMW. The electronics are great fun, and the ability to make meaningful changes to the suspension on the fly is something I use frequently. Never really used the BMW system much.

The real measure for me is this. Once I'd run the BMW in, I put track bodywork on and did Jerez and Silverstone. Then the for numerous reasons the crew could not get together for 2 years. So the BMW sat in the garage for the whole of 2016 and 2017. At no point did I think - I must put the BMWs road clothes back on, and have a trundle. In all I did 1600 miles on it.

The Ducati has stayed road registered and if it wasn't so bloody damp and greasy I'd be on it now. I LIKE riding it. I've put carbon bits on it. Every time I look at it I think it's cool. I want to ride it right now.

Now I get it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Clearly your sex life is going to be wild Rab. Time to have a hair cut & finally start washing daily.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I traded my 999S in for a 2011 RSV4 factory in October last year ,took me about a year to figure out it wasnt for me, dont get me wrong its an awesome machine , but i had a few niggling worries that finally made my mind up to go back to what i know (2009 1198S)...it was a little cramped for me at 5'11'' and 14 stone, but the biggest worries were engine noises that made me think it was going to detonate at any moment, random starting even with a new battery and lack of accessible knowledgeable advice ( i dont do facebook!) ...apart from all that i had some brilliant rides in the summer with an exhaust note to die for from an Austin racing can.

If it was me i would stick with the BM.

16. brilliant mate thanks

17. sorry to muck up the subject matter, but I'm looking forward to a comparison between the new V4R, V4S, S1000RR, & the RSV4 1100 RF 217 bhp........then I will buy.....(can you imagine the V4S is S$90+ OTR in Singapore litralily twice the going price in the UK, the biggest part of that is tax going to the gov.sg. its criminal

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information