1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by PerryL, Jun 2, 2020.

1. That just makes me want to get a multi, looks great round there

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Glad things seem to be working out for you Perry, just checked out the SWI500 site that Paul posted and it looks ace - I'll be putting that on my list of trips to do when we are allowed to tour again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That’s my brainchild so just give me a shout :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. How far are you from Baltimore? Baltimore is on the route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just give me a shout, whenever, I know the area well so can provide suggestions and/or guidance on pretty much everything.

6. Unless I have a miracle recovery, it will not be until Summer/Autumn 2021 at the very earliest. Schull sounds familiar. I've visited SW Eire at least twice and may of visited there. I'll always remember staying at some house we rented. I take the dog for a walk in the normal, misty rain. "Ah, a beautiful morning!", is the greeting from any local, that I pass. I suppose that because it's only drizzling and not pouring, that counts as a "beautiful day" in that part of the World!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I doubt there will be much happening ins summer/autumn 2020 anyway, I had to cancel my swi500 tour this year :(. FYI the best time to visit this corner of Ireland is late April to September with May & June being the best months, as an example it's been dry and sunny now (bar a couple of days of rain) for 12 weeks, to the degree we are now going to have a hosepipe ban implemented:eek:. In the 10 or so years I've been living here, it's noticeable we now have a dry season and a wet season.

Oh, and everyone says good morning and acknowledges everyone else:upyeah::)

8. If they are thinking about a hosepipe ban in SW Ireland, then that must be serious climate change!

9. Happened last year too:( and the year before. Fortunately it doesn't affect us as we have our own water supply but does make you think "what if that runs dry?" - never has though:upyeah:

10. I guess that building reservoirs was never a big priority. With rain almost every day - even in Summer - there would be something else more pressing, always!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AND if it doesn't rain when I visit (I'm planning to do the whole island, North to South) I will be very p1ssed off! That's why you go to Ireland!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Don't worry, it can be arranged. Hey I might even do it with you if you give me enough forewarning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. This is a (very) tentative route (doing Ireland clockwise). I am considering going back via the IOM from Dublin, possibly. But that might complicate my life a bit - might just do the IOM separately although I might not - as the IOM is cool when there is no racing on and I could do the Manx, as well. I want to do Ireland from southernmost tip to northernmost.
    upload_2020-6-6_11-49-21.png

14. There are fab roads going across the hills in Donegal Co Wicklow Mountains of Mourne etc. Often very little traffic but the mobile signal is always good!!

15. Ta. I'll have look.

16. Oh come on you mean 1 dry day per annum and rain all the other days, you work for Irelands tourist board don't you?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I liked Donegal when I went over for a wedding, great place.

18. It rains a lot more in Donegal than down here - we is much nearer the tropics down here man:upyeah::)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information