1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by PerryL, Jun 2, 2020.

1. If you remember mate I said before I have the 1260S. It is a stunning machine. But honestly, if cash is the issue on this one, I'd simply recommend the 950S. It's still got more poke with 110bhp vs 93bhp for the Tiger, and 96Nm vs 87Nm. All the rest is the same, or can be specced essentially the same. Gets rave reviews.

2. I have been talking to MotoCorsa between buying a new water heater (as you do). They say (as you would expect) that they don't have an issue with tubed tyres and nor do their customers

I am interested in other people's thoughts. Should I have an issue with going back to tubed tyres?

My two main objections are 1) if you get a puncture and blow-out at speed and 2) do tyre fitters know what they are as most bikes are tubeless and that's all many would of seen.

So, do Guzzi fit tubes because they are too skint to develop anything new, or is it because they think that it is an adventure bike and adventure bike riders go off-road and have a pathological love of mending punctures?

But punctures to tubeless tyres are miles easier to fix. You don't need to take the wheel off and can just use a gas canister to inflate.

or, are adventure bike riders just weird?.

3. Yes, I forgot being able to use very low tyre pressures on tubed tyres. And also you can inflate them back up with a hand pump. Although I can't see me ever wanting to take a heavy adventure bike off-road, I guess that this could be a very American thing where they have miles of desert tracks

4. I've been having email correspondence with Moto Corsa in Wiltshire.

As you would expect, they don't see a problem with tubed tyres and say that any fitter should know how to fit them. They did suggest an alternative wheel but it adds about two grand to the price - making the Guzzi too expensive. The wheels will look good though!

As I anticipate big miles across Ireland, Sotland, and then Europe, I think that shaft drive does have its attractions.

So in conclusion, between the Ducati 950s Multistrada, Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel, and the KTM, I still have no clue! But still not sure about the KTM's looks and a Triumph Trident could also be in the frame!I could afford to get the Ducati and Guzzi brand new. I don't care about depreciation too much as whatever it is, will be a keeper. The KTM just loses too much money on the ride home and that is too much for me to bear!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information