1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ibb1, Aug 8, 2020.

1. 1417E07F-E6BA-48AF-A7C5-E95EC3D2AC80.jpeg 25D19ED1-89A9-4A2A-ABC9-38B3809CB223.jpeg I decided to get rid of the V4 as I want to wind down road riding a bit and spend more time on track, the V4 was great but it did have its issues, decided to go for something a bit easier to live with.
    It’s so confidence inspiring handling wise, really love this bike already and I’ve only had it a couple of weeks!.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Looks awesome but I heard they weren’t that easy to live with?
    I bet it’s awesome on the track though!

3. Thats a bit sexy that. Is the motor still a cross plane crank affair? Think this is the only superbike I have not ridden, and beginning to wonder why.

4. Yamaha are still running the crossplane crank. I've had a 2011 and 2014 RSV4 and a 2010 R1 and dare I say it, but I thought the crossplane R1 with decat and dual Akrapovic sounded better than the RSV4 with full Akrapovic system.

Before I got my Panigale, I was very interested in a 2017 R1M my local dealer had. It was immaculate, with all the mods you would ever need, including flashed ECU for its full Akrapovic system. Ultimately, I wanted a Ducati next and the R1M was more than I planned to spend, so I didn't pursue it and got the 899.

5. I’ve also had an RSV4 with a full Akra system on previously and I really couldn’t decide on which sounds better, the Aprilia or the R1, both sound great, one thing I’ve found is the R1 pops and bangs ALL the time when you come off the throttle, exhaust isn’t obnoxiously loud but I’d not want to take the baffle out!.
    Another thing it’s got in common with the Aprilia is the chassis, such a quick turning,sweet handling bike.
    I found the Panigale needed a bit more effort to turn in but was very stable, this just feels like a 600.
    Engine wise I’d say it’s smoother than the V4 and the power delivery is VERY linear, power wise it’s probably a few BHP down as they’re 197 as standard but this has a full system and is mapped for it so would be 205 ish at a guess?, it’s also not nearly as bad for heat, throttle is very anarchy/jerky at low speed in Power mode A.
    Electronics are brilliant on both bikes, one thing I love on it just as much as the handling is the clutch, it was one thing I really wasn’t a fan of on the Panigale.
    Overall both really good bikes, the Ducati just took a bit more effort to get the most out of it.

6. Thanks!, I will let you know what it’s like once I’ve done my first track day on it :upyeah:.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information