1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bmw 1000rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by JimVee, Nov 13, 2018.

1. i think it senses the amount of Bratvurst you've scoffed:p
    I'll try and find the link. From memory one owner went into his dealer to raise the problem he was having and was told you can't turn the auto suspension off.

2. The auto can be turned off

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. And the suspension and bike is lowered. So can’t be as high as standard even if it wants to be. Allegedly losers a little ground clearance, which may be an issue for me at some point but I’ll cope ;)

4. Do I need to buy shares in Gaffer tape ? ;) Andy

5. Hammerite ... ;)

6. The new bmw really is as good as the hype.

Didn’t get on with it in road mode but dynamic/race mode is awesome.

Bmw have cracked it really, it’s easy to get on with, you can go touring on it and it’s probably the fastest litre bike on the market.

Unusual to have such a strong track presence and maintain road ride-ability.

Today has just reminded me why I don’t ride on the road anymore though haha, absolutely pointless with one of these.

#187 Advikaz, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. 7AB31685-7377-47AB-BBB0-708C1FF6CEED.jpeg

Yip, I agree

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Massive production glitches though. Very few trickling through to owners for now.
    Safe to say pit garages will be full of em when BMW get their shit together with production.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. And rightly so, it's the best bike on the market at the minute

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Does nowt for me matey... choices eh? :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Though not a bmw fan I do think there the best bang for your buck at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. No doubt it’s a hugely capable bike. If your life is purely about lap times it’s probably the best choice. Easy to ride fast apparently.
    I had a good butchers round one in Brno. You can definitely see where the bean counters have chimed in. Handle bars won’t crash well.
    Incredible engine though. Hats off to BMW for that. In line fours aren’t for me though...

13. It's not without its faults that for sure but then what isn't?

14. Gsxr 1000

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Well. Me for a kick off :p

16. Some have a fault with the oil channels. Which is being rectified. To be fair they’re dealing with it the best they can.

Is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. It was a very small number of bikes that had engines fitted that were milled by the one out of 3 machines in the factory to have issues with the oil gallery. The engines in question can be identified by markings on the casings and were being replaced by BMW. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a bike in the UK that had one of the engines that were to be replaced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And yet they pulled production. A step, IMHO, that should be applauded along with their service approach of loaners until the bike turns up. Said before, Ducati would have shipped them hoping they last until out of warranty and F8ck the customer

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Crap Crap x 1
  19. Yeah but it wasn't just the issues with the oil gallery that caused them to pull production. There were other issues like a lack of quality and slow supply from a 3rd party component blamed as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information