1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Boots... Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Monsterped, Jan 26, 2020.

1. @Monsterped
    IMO, one pair of boots is not enough.
    I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo as well although they are reasonably comfortable, more so now with a gel insert.
    However, they're my sport / track boots which looks out of place on the roads and not very warm. Moreover, they squeak.
    For general riding I alternate between Sidi All Road Gortex and Sidi Mythos Gortex. They're both cool, warm and waterproof. The "All Roads" are surprisingly extremely light, which I like.
    Sidi-Vertigo-Boots.jpg Sidi-all-road-gore-tex-boots.jpg sidi_mythos_gore_tex_boots_zoom.jpg

#21 DarR, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I was wearing Frank Thomas boots when I had my accident. Cheap and not flashy...but...the only piece of kit that I got back, as everything else was either incinerated due to blood stains, or cut off. I have the Arai helmet now but that is scrap because I got a knock on the head. The boots are fine and I will use them again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another vote for Daytona

I moved to the Daytona strive from Sidi and the quality and comfort is on a different level

4. I was looking at those but unfortunately, they are outrageously priced here in Canada.

5. Well I finally made the decision and bought the Dainese Axial D1’s, the 25% off helped, arrived today, bloody lovely!

6. Daytona's all day everyday.
    When I bought mine about 9 years ago I wanted another cheaper flashy brand but I went with the Daytona recommendations and even managed to resist my usual tight/stingy attitude and spend the extra on the Daytonas.
    Never regretted it for one minute.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Missed your reply before I posted.
    The Dainese Axial D1s look the part I must say.
    I've not looked at boots for years and I have to say, I know there are still cheap boots about but I'm really shocked at how much the higher end ones are nowadays. Prices have really crept up haven't they!

#27 winrow3745, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  8. yeah, had my sidi’s for a few years thought they were expensive back then. The Dainese boots retailed at £429 but SportsBikeShop we’re doing 25% off so £315 delivered next day. After a close look I can see where the cost comes from...

9. True. Sidi are fucking awful. I thought they were ok til I switched to Supertech R. All Sidi’s should be fed into a wood chipper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I’ve got some Alpinestars (think they are SMX5 or similar as I’ve had them ages) and I’ve just bought some TXC Race boots.

For riding on the scrambler I sometimes wear the Ducati scrambler Blundstone boots if I’m just out for a pootle.

11. Always regret moving away from TCX, a full range from urban to full Goretex

12. TCX used to make Dainese boots, not sure if that's still the case though.

13. I've been looking at the TCX. What are they like?

14. Either stick with supertech R (best for money) or it’s a big jump to full bling Daytona’s.
    I’d have a pair but my spazzy foot position means I keep grinding the toe slider section away. I really need my boots welding to the pegs....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Those Daytonas look like something out of the 80s twist of the wrist video. I've no doubt that they're good boots but they look like moon boots

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I've been using a pair of Dainese R TQR tour goretex daily for the last 6 year. They are comfy, dry and wouldn't hesitate to buy another set.

17. Alpinestars for the win, SMXplus...I've had these for a year now on both the Street Fighter and the 1198, long miles no problem. They have a really cool built-in sock which moulds to the shape of your foot by way of a pull system...really nice and offer a bit of waterproofing when caught out.

18. Good, my goretex stayed dry through all weather, did well in my 70 mph + crash too and were still useable. Breathing was not great so I got some Alpinestars which were no better

Do Not Sell My Personal Information