1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Car Detail: Audi A4 Tfsi Quattro

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, May 6, 2018.

1. I've been stacked out recently and still am....bookings up to June at present, so it's really difficult to get more details on this forum.....I will always try my best....( really hard grabbing a camera to take shots as you detail as you can't let anything dry ).....

Anyways my New Car Details are specifically for vehicles under 500 miles as any more miles a more in depth cleaning is required...this one had 1000 miles so took a bit more effort in areas like the wheels and arches to get spotlessly clean.

Anyways....onto the detail which took me 12 hours non-stop.

Wheels attended to first as usual with arches and tyres thoroughly degreased with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD. ( Tyres cleaned twice to get a squeaky clean surface for the application of tyre dressing to bond ) Alloys were cleaned with Angelwax Billberry wheel cleaner, sprayed on and allowed to dwell for 5 mins before being agitated with my many wheel brushes.....all pressure rinsed off. ( dedicated wheel bucket with dual grit guards ). Finally wheels get a further chemical iron decontamination with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels to remove all embedded iron particulates ( allowed to dwell 10 mins then hi-pressure rinsed off )

Next the whole vehicle was bathed in Bilt Hamber Auto Foam pre-wash ( THE BEST pre-wash available IMHO ) and all tight areas agitated with a soft tipped detailing brush. After 7 mins the remaining foam was hi-pressure rinsed off.

Next the vehicle was washed in Gyeon Essence shampoo ( Hyper slick and amazing cleaning )....using the 2 bucket method ( dual grit guards again ) and the best Dooka Osha Wash pads. Finally hi-pressure rinsed.

Onto the decontamination process now.....FIRST Chemical decontamination - all tar removed with Gyeon Tar then all iron removed with Bilt Hamber Korrosol. Next physical decontamination with Tac Systems clay cloth to remove any remaining bonded contamination left after the chemical decon.

Next vehicle again treated to a Bilt Hamber Auto Foam bath to ensure all chemical traces are removed. Vehicle is then completely blown dried with a filtered warm air dryer....

Finally the vehicle is then completely wiped down with a panel wipe to get a true indication of the paint.

3 Rupes polishers was used in this detail....a 15MK2 , LHR 75e and the amazing iBrid Nano....Various grades of Rupes pads including Microfibre cutting pads to remove the deeper scars...and a * secret polish....sorry can't give away all my secrets lol...

Vehicle then panel wiped down twice to remove all polishing oils and to ensure a superb bond for the last step protection which was 2 coats of amazing Nanocoat.

Wheels panel wiped also and two coats of Liquid Crystal protection applied. Tyres wiped down again with a Panel wipe and a application of superb Gyeon Tyre.

Finally exhaust tips cleaned and protected.....and my ' Newish ' car detail has finally finished....hope you enjoy this one.

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. shame there is nobody in argyll that do bikes to this level. i would pay top dollar twice a year for that kind of service :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. There you go Finm, make it happen, you can be the one in Argyll, to offer this service.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hmm, if i was doing it and once i start looking at all the nooks and cranies i would only end up doing a full rebuild, it's why i don't really wash em, and it's hard enough getting the staff as is. anyhoos.
    top work. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm sure it's lovely but why are these on a Ducati forum? #justsayin

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Haha...I'll come for the right price buddy!!!...;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Because many members on this forum love these kind of posts....and the techniques and products used are transferable to bikes....I also do bikes ( previous posts ) & many products I recommend are used by members in caring for their bikes. Additionally many members contact me direct for advice on products and techniques....but the majority are vehicles.....and finally many members on this forum also have very nice vehicles ( and the information I provide is very much appreciated ).... they contact direct me for advice on aftercare of their vehicles.......#justsayin

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Shame you didn't let me know @finm ....I was in Skye a month ago....could have done your bikes on the way back home....Bugger!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I’m sure this is a tongue in cheek statement :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  10. You never know @Ducbird ......thought i'd reply anyhoo's....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. something tells me you might be out my league, but, if you like free coffee from a minging mug
    aye, like you dont know i lived here and my bikes are boggin. everybody in the country knows my bikes are boggin..
    no excuses next time bud. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Hi Rob,

Just been cleaning / polishing the daughters new car with the products you recommend, that Bilt Hamber Korrosol is amazing !

What would you recommend for removing light swirls in the paintwork “what I would describe as T cut” ?

Preferably something that doesn’t require a machine polisher.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. Many Thanks for the compliments......Get some Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish....stuff is AMAZEBALLS....and you can apply it by hand.....

14. Love the fact that it looks better than new, given new needs doing too!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Hi Rob,

Just been cleaning / polishing the daughters new car with the products you recommend, that Bilt Hamber Korrosol is amazing !

What would you recommend for removing light swirls in the paintwork “what I would describe as T cut” ?

Preferably something that doesn’t require a machine polisher.

Thanks

16. They ALWAYS do my friend....after I've worked my magic on them of course!...:innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob, you don't even need to answer mate, always when a majority appreciate and enjoy something a minority seem to have an issue, you know like when you have street of nice friendly neighbors and then there's one badly kept house that stinks of urine and the owner never ever acknowledges anyone.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. @rob lewis love these posts. Keep em coming. Is the bilt hamber stuff the best for wheel cleaning? Looks expensive but I don't mind if it does the job. How long does it last?

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you weren't spending time posting on here, you would get a lot more done..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Yes buddy.....the absolute best for removing iron deposits and a really DEEP clean.....you don't use it every wash just every 4-6 months....so its quite inexpensive this way....for general wheel cleaning Angelwax Billberry wheel cleaner is a must for maintenance weekly cleans......dilute 1:4 for heavy soiling or 1:10 for light duties.....buy the concentrate and decant into sprayer bottles......will last you ages and much cheaper if you buy this way ol' boy....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information