1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Car Detail - Mazda Cx-5 Awd

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Hmm, a bucket that constantly refreshes it's water, that could even beat the 18 bucket method ? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cheers buddy......nearly Shit myself when I took the readings.....good job he didn't want a 3 stage! :joy:.....never had paint so thin.......colour looked amazing once finished...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Haha I bet, Glad it didn't need any wet sanding :astonished:
    Only upside is Jap paint "tends" to be quite soft so can normally yeild good results with minimal clear coat removal.
    Those readings can definitely make you sweat before you start polishing :joy: Happy customer - Perfect job done :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Out of curiosity, what do you use to clean inside the wheel arches?

Is there an adaptor you can buy for a pressure washer that swivels round to get all the corners?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey Rob, do you travel to Hertfordshire? I've got an R35 that requires regression of a year of solid use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep you sure can buddy.....personally I don't use one as I have a short stubby lance so I can literally get the whole lance in an arch...but you can buy one of these.....you just choose your adapter for the pressure washer you have...

underbody-lance-adaptors.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Haha.......I would do Rainman....but I think I would be a tad too expensive by the time I factored in travelling, ( I drive a thirsty beast! ), and staying overnight somewhere....Thank you tho for asking......but if you have deep pockets...no problemo!:);)

DSC_0060.jpg

#28 rob lewis, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  8. I better not show you how dirty my car is.....you would have a coronary!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Reminds me, must get the bike out of hibernation and clean it tomorrow.

1 bucket method, hose pipe and a cup of tea.....yeah I know.....genius ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. My poor mini is in a terrible state :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Want me to come down and fettle it for ya hun?....;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh yes please :blush::innocent:

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. Why not Crystal Serum Rob?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good question Steeve.....customer was up to his limit on the budget available for the detail...( haha ) I did try to sell him Ultra!......seriously tho he could not stretch to the extra amount for Crystal Serum and 2 coats of ExoV3.

15. Shame you’re so far away Rob

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I've got a 66 plate MX5 in Soul Red, and the paint is terrible. It's so ridiculously thin that I've managed to put 3 fairly big scratches in it within the first few months. I use a mit with two buckets etc, and I've never managed to scratch the paint in any car I've ever owned. It's by a long way the worst thing about my car, especially given the Soul Red is a £700 paint option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I feel your pain buddy.....I am amazed at how thin paint is getting on new vehicles....it makes my job very hard as there is not much clear to play with.....its always a compromise....just do what you are doing and hopefully you can keep it swirl free.....if you need any advice just PM me or give me a call. Cheers

18. What qualifies as a dealer induced paintwork defect?

19. If the dealer washes the vehicle it will have swirls etc....this is 100% guaranteed....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information