1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Car Detail - Mazda Cx-5 Awd

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Thanks, I never ever let them wash the car, only myself. But I hate washing it now because it just frustrates me how soft and thin the paint is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Only thing you can do to alleviate this problem is to have it ceramic coated buddy.....or apply PPF.

3. Except that the ceramic coating lasts 10 washes? maybe 15? for the money it costs I'm not convinced it will last long enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. There is clean then there is clean ... my other half thinks im mad spending hours claying my black T4 van then snow foaming it again then washing it off drying it then applying polish .... then removing my Merc 18" Monoblocks and cleaning behind them .... they just dont understand ... its a pity a new car does not look like a new car when u pick it up from the stealers opps sorry dealers ... lovely work rob :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Had Gtechniq Serum and Exo on my vehicle now 3 years with no drop in performance....its all in the prep....get the prep right and many coatings will last multiple years...and of course the application of said coating.

#45 rob lewis, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. That’s the impression I was under

• Like Like x 1
  7. There is something therapeutic about it too :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Be popping these over at some point rob old motors but we like em

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mines the Z4 mate but my Mrs has claimed it, but she got the Quattro sport so I use that when not in my van which is rare so still bit of a treat, great driving old motors the pair of them, and quite rare which is an added bonus, we look after them but im pretty sure they can be improved, there is a few scratches and blemishes and paint is probably very tired, I will get over to let you see them give your opinion etc, then late may I would think can bring at least one of them over (probably the zed) :mad:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information