1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Carbon Wheels

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by richard knight, Oct 4, 2014.

1. As with the rest of my Multi the wheels have become carbon!
    Tried today and it makes the bike so flickable its untrue. Just need to get the tyre pressures right now in the PR4 tyres and the bike will be great(er).
    Love the look of the wheels, guess I am attracted to shiney things!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Looks amazing !

3. If I had the cadh I'd buy mickb's set

4. Those wheels are stunning.

5. What's the point - surely there are more important things in life??

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. What? Than CF motorcycle wheels? Are you mad?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to fit carbon fibre wheels to a road bike. Does the manufacturer claim that these are stronger and more resilient than the standard wheels?
    My local council prefers to reduce the speed limits rather than keep the road quality up.
    [​IMG]

8. Lovely wheels...

9. Did you know you can get carbon fibre sump protection and engine side casings?
    Have you still got a full cat on there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. As your tyres testify ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I still have the full cat on at the moment although last week a Leo Vince de cat pipe arrived and its now sitting in the garage waiting for me to get time to fit it.
    Looking at getting a remap using cjs software but done at Cornerspeed in the not to distant future.

12. Good luck with that.
    I didn't know anyone else had the skills. Chris has spent years mapping out the ECU.
    He modifies the code based on his observations, 20 odd runs on mine from memory.

13. I m curious, what's the weight difference between stock vs cf wheels - half ? more ?

- my recommendation would be for you to fit sportier tyres next - say Dunlop sportsmarts 2

bugs

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. The wheels weigh 2.2kg front and 2.4kg rear, very noticable difference.

Neil at Cornerspeed has been remapping with Chris's help and uses the same software.

15. I've thought about a set. I run a 1098R (track only) and the stock wheels are pretty darn light. When I've held a CF in one hand and mine in the other, I can't feel much difference so spunking 2.6k on a set seems a bit daft. And it would also bugger up my bikes colour scheme. The shame of it..... I do like the CF wheel thing though. I've only ever heard positive things about them.

16. 2.2 kg is only twice as much as my bicycle wheels! that is light!

What do the steel stock ones weigh ?

17. Check out 'lightweight 848' thread as guy has put up the weights of stock and other wheels, but v 848 it was a ridiculous saving

18. The wheels are brand new but I did get fortunate on the price so not £2.5k thankfully

19. Go to dymag.wmv for simple test of strength v standard wheels, on youtube.

20. really? , he just dropped the 2 wheels on the floor...at arms length...not exactly a test...

want to see joey Dunlop type test!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information