1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ccm Spitfire Scrambler

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wrecked, May 27, 2017.

1. I must admit in the past I have bought motorcycles and put them in my lounge before. It has normally been those times when I am single and allowed

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I had the advantage - first, my uncle used to use a CCM for scrambles (in the days when John Banks had only just started); plus yes, I am over 60.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can see the appeal but not for me....the whole world has gone retro mad - kinda glad not to be part of it....

4. I don't mind retro bikes, I object to modern prices

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I prefer modern bikes at retro prices but nobody seems to be doing them. Pity, I think they'd do well.

6. There was a time when a "scrambler" meant an actual moto-cross racing bike. Now the word seems to have morphed into something totally different. And much less interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like it too :)

8. Does it come with a choice of these?
    [​IMG]
    upload_2017-5-31_8-39-2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi mate. Are you still getting one of these. Have you seen the video ccm have put on facebook of the spitfire. Looks good. I have just paid the second payment.
    Cheers.

12. Mate of mine has just put a deposit down on one. It's a cool looking bike for sure. Im pretty sure Baron Von Grumble's BMW was there as well, though I might be mistaken.

13. Yes love the look of it. Have you seen the cafe racer they are doing. Same frame/engine but clip ons and different seat and exhausts. How's you latest pani creation coming on topolino ?

14. OK thanks Cookster. I haven't posted up much as I'm waiting to have the carbon bodywork painted. Been flat out at work so bike has been running stock plastic bodywork whilst things progress. Will be uploading a bunch of images when she is finished but for now the wait continues. Need a couple of years equity in the bike before I consider what's next (V4 Y2 production in 2019) so will be holding on to it for at least another year. Bodywork aside its about as specced out as I can get it within my budget, shame that most of the work is not even visible such as the magnesium Cerakoted airbox and swing arm.

#36 Topolino, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dude that post want for this thread !! There's some weird shit going down on this forum lately @El Toro

16. It's London nuff said, unfortunately most of these will be sat outside wine bars next summer, nice looking bike that, in the promo vids the Ducati scrambler looks more than capable of some steady off road work, I imagine this is better looking at the weight of the thing, although I don't know the Ducati weight it will weigh a bit more.

Got to ask why would you limit numbers of the ccm? Sell more lower the price I think it would do decent numbers at 7k, if you buy one and don't use it will it be worth 12,13,15k in 5 years 10 years? Sounds daft but we all see the bike values and how they have changed, totally against my principles as I believe in using a bike but if you buy a new one and wrap it up in the future you will make money, how many bikes have we all wished we still had? A lot in my case.

17. Yes and yes. - Can't wait. :D

• Like Like x 2

18. Yep, that was Baron's bike. I met him at the show. He showed me his and I showed him mine (the Scrambler that is).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information