1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ccm Spitfire Scrambler

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wrecked, May 27, 2017.

1. No weird stuff just finger trouble on my part! Post edited!

2. My guess is that the point is that it's very light and flickable with a torquey power delivery and loads of fun to ride whilst also looking cool, apart from that there's probably no point in it whatsoever, oh maybe good on fuel too.

3. I saw it at Exel in Feb, sales guy was a trials rider and helped in the development work.
    Thought it was stunning and nearly put down the £500 deposit.
    Spoke to the war room and she said no :(
    Husqvarna engine if I recall.

IMG_1164.JPG

4. Very disappointed that they are allowed to use the name Spitfire on such a ordianry, not very special bike
    just like the old triumph spitfire car what a heap !
    i was hoping triumph would bring out a supersports bike based on the 675 but with a 1050 triple engine all snarling and horses ,shame triumph have allowed ccm to use the great British name on it
    this is a insult to the great name more like spitfart

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. It does. The first post in this thread had the one I think that is going to be the customer available bike and this one seems to be the demo/display one

6. Are they sold out now then?

7. :thinkingface:Odd, a new one at the show was circa £8k?
    eBay £16k

8. £8995 I think was the figure banded about... hence my question if they have all sold :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just looked on their website and they’ve removed it from the new bikes section so presume they have all gone.
    Was a run of 150 bikes at £7999 before options.

10. If you look at the first post picture from wrecked, although the same bike, it has quite a few differences from the ebay one

11. There are three bikes in the ccm spitfire range. The one on eBay is the original spitfire (150 units being built). Has a single seat and low exhaust pipes. Then there is the spitfire scrambler. (250 units) this has high level exhausts and scrambler style bars. There is also a spitfire cafe racer (250 units) clip on bars low level exhausts. I think they all share the same frame and engine but different styling mods for each model. Not sure how this is on eBay as I had to sign a contract stating no selling for 6 months.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Add says auction will start 1st Sept. Guessing that 6m then

Money: route of all evil. That wanker stopped someone who really wanted one for the experience from buying so they could try and double their money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. These are wot the Spitfire should look like......not that cr*p with CCM on it.

In fact you might even find one for the same or less than the price of the CCM.......I know what I would go for (but I'm biased anyway, because I had a BSA Super Rocket cafe version).

BSA A65 spitfire 02.jpg BSA A65 spitfire 01.jpg

14. A nice looking one in the USA for £3500 at the moment, another at £3750 :)

15. Exactly Exxi

16. Looks awesome!

17. I have to say...and I'm not normally this outspoken.....

What an overpriced, ugly, badly conceived, unfinished, under powered, bag-o-shite :poop: this is!!!!!

I guarantee that you would be bored to tears with it by the time your 50 miles down the road :sob:
    Try doing a 1200 miles wet weekend in Scotland on one and see if your still happy lobbing £9 grand out for it! :(

But I suppose that's not it's target market, it's squarely aimed at the "manbag" wearing bearded Hipster types who think the 4 mile trip to the local coffee bar constitutes a "good ride"..........Jeez
    If that's the case save yourself about £8 grand and buy an old C90 instead.

Some folk have more money than sense FFS !!
    Shakes head and walks off...rant over :upyeah:, awaiting incoming...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. I'm quite happy to see CCM on the scene, British company and keeping the lights on for UK bike manufacturing. Some of their products look quite good too:

[​IMG]

100% understand the scepticism but if CCM want to make a splash then tapping into the whole retro hipster Bike Shed / Bike Exif thing is probably a decent way to get a bike out there on the market and generate some revenue / buzz.

With the recent Triumph / Norton announcements with Bajaj and the money those folks will make, things feel positive. Early Bloor-era Triumphs were a bit shonky, and looked like Yamaha clones without the style... look where they are now with a very distinctive range of bikes and really nice fit and finish. Norton have been racing with Aprilia engines while developing their own.

I wish CCM the best of luck really, it's nice that they exist and are producing something a bit different. The Adventure looks light and fun, and compared to what else is on the market it could be a bit of a niche hit. Not sure why the hipster thing gets under the skin of some, it's a bit of marketing guff but has injected a lot of cash into motorcycling and more young 'uns are getting bikes as a consequence. More people on bikes is a good thing, right? It's a broad church, and personally I have far more of a smirk about the Harley bad-to-the-bone types and proper full on Power Rangers than I do about the hipster lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information