1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ccm Spitfire Scrambler

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wrecked, May 27, 2017.

1. Another update.
    Light at the end of the tunnel! Quite a few fuel tanks are arriving at the factory now (from a reputable supplier) so they are delivering original Spitfires at last. I'm starting to actually believe they may well start to build Scramblers later this month which means I should get mine in July.

Meanwhile, here's some pics. of pre-production Scramblers.

In Scotland...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somewhere in Africa....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Is the Scottish one ridden by Lampkin?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Was just gonna say that looks like Dougie Lampkin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Saw one yesterday riding through Caterham. Or was it Thursday? Hi to whoever.

5. So what happened with the CCM cancellation.

I've noticed a couple of the original spitfires appearing on eBay at inflated prices. But a colleague of mine is still waiting for his scrambler...

I'm a little mixed in my views at the moment.

6. I cancelled, still waiting to find out if I’m getting my deposit back. Communication, like meeting production dates, is not their strong point.

7. That isn't a particularly encouraging sign for anyone paying anything upfront.

I appreciate the issues they have with the fuel tanks and likely other teething troubles. But it seems a little disengenious to keep rolling out new models without admitting that things are a little behind schedule.

8. Under the terms of the contract they don’t have to refund the deposit (£500). They’ve said it can be used as a credit towards another CCM bike, but my ever using that is unlikely he said with some understatement. Morally I think it should be returned as they’ve failed to meet or achieve anything I was told by them about the bike, but if they won’t do that I’ve asked them to donate it to a charity of their choice, just to let me know which one. But they’ve gone into not communicating mode again. Will probably have to send yet another recorded delivery letter to get a response.

I’ve heard stories about why new models get released fairly regularly, but it’s rumour only.

9. You should do a moneyclaim for it and sue them, even if you do end up ultimately losing. Why let them get away with being so bad at what they offered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wouldn't the deposit cancelling as a credit, refer to the customer only cancelling the order and not delays in paying what you have attempted to purchase not arriving? Also did you pay by credit card as I wonder if you can reclaim it for not having received anything?

#130 noobie, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  11. It will all play out in due course.

I will say they are probably the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. Hopeless.

12. Moved to the Multistrada forum :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. We used CCM bikes in the White Helmets motorcycle display team, for car jumps. The early ones (1976) had 600cc BSA singles. These were doing massive jumps over cars / tanks and whatever, no landing ramp, just banging down on the ground; they never broke. Pigs to start though, with a dainty little kickstart lever and that big old high compression engine!

14. Thats just effing terrible. They have promised you a bike, wasted months of your time, you've misssed riding in summer, wasted ages writing and calling. Now they are to my mind stealing your deposit and can't even be bothered to tell you what charity. Thats probably because they are simply keeping it because they are that kind of company.

If they were mugging people on the street for £500, they'd be put in jail.

I hope you persue them in small claims court or via credit card. Anyone who ever talks to me about them or bespoke bikes will get told this tale. GRRR...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Absolutely disgusting
    Should be across the front pages of the bike rags :punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I noticed no updates on their facebook or company site since March.

17. Too busy making bikes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well it certainly isn't replying to customers or dispatching bikes :D

19. I have a vague recollection of them saying bar one official Facebook page they were stopping participating in social media.

20. Best of luck getting your money back. I managed to get my paid in full money back for my spitfire scrambler a few months ago. I received an email from ccm yesterday stating as I was a valued customer I was being offered another limited edition spitfire with only 100 units being made. Talk about diluting the model, well it would be if they actually started delivering bikes. Managed to reach 1000 miles when I was out last night on the triumph I bought instead. Would have missed this summer if I had waited for the ccm.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information