1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ccm Spitfire Scrambler

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wrecked, May 27, 2017.

1. The very first Scramblers are being delivered this week..........and mine's one of 'em! [​IMG]

Arrived this morning.

Pics.

Went out for a first ride and it's great. Feels so light. I've been used to riding around on stuff well in excess of 200 kilos so this being 60/70 kilos lighter is a little revelation. I opted for the stage 1 factory remap so it's got extra plenty grunty low/mid range. Knobbly tyres will take some getting used to though. Louder than you'd think - people further up the street turning to see what's making that noise. :D
    Tail tidy currently under development at factory so that'll be going on with a small plate as and when (2019??).

Happy as...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pics with bins, or it didn't actually arrive ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quote: "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process" :(

.....is what I get when adding photos.

I shall try harder.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#144 Wrecked, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. lovely looking bike - enjoy the summer on it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Nice, enjoy!

7. Ducati make one of those, y'know...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. And norton....

9. I'm glad that it has (finally) arrived and hope its as much fun as it looks.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. The look of the bike I don't feel has been the issue, the way the company behind it has behaved has been.

That said, you have it, what's it like to ride?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Almost exactly one month ago I was told I’d get my deposit back.

Still waiting.

Sorry, but I wouldn’t go near them now with somebody else’s barge pole, though I hope anyone who does take delivery enjoys their bike.

12. You could always send them a recorded letter outlying the problem and how you want it resolved within a certain time period or you feel you may have to take up the option of a small claims court action to recover your funds
    https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/court-fees

13. I've already had to send them one recorded delivery letter in the past. On past form they'll do it eventually, just take a loooooong time to do so, with the same excuse, too busy delivering customer bikes :rolleyes:

14. More emails and a couple of phone calls today and I'm assured deposit has now been refunded to card, one month after it was supposed to happen.

Hopefully it will appear in my account in a day or two and my unfortunate association with CCM can draw to a close.

• Like Like x 2
  15. My mate has one of the suzuki engine versions, rarely on the road.
    Electrics are poor, leaking fuel tank, very pretty but unreliable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. A work friend has a CCM scrambler due for delivery in Nov (was this June).

Interested to see it in the flesh, as in photos it looks quite tidy and small.

17. Common as muck. Don't bother. FB_IMG_1534112813840.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Saw one yesterday in woore Shropshire:)

19. You put it out with the rubbish :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I would have expected the frame welds to be cleaned up and painted.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information