1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel New Diavel 1260 Review

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Certainly is...you get the same lump and the same Ducati riding modes...the "S" does have quick shifter, nicer wheels and the Multi-media system = slightly better shocks, but unless you are on the limit I am not sure they are worth it...and the limit is pretty high - its easy to scrap the pegs which is plenty scary enough for me...but TBH I dont really need those...the bloody thing is mental anyway, so make it slightly quicker? It handles and rides beautifully, especially if you are shorter in stature..I am 5-10 with a 30 inch inside leg and the MTS was just a bit top heavy for me...And if you get bored and want to buy the upgrades, you can....so i took the deal, saved myself £4k and am very happy for that :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TBH , I just bought the S model, and even just road riding, the suspension is much better than the standard kit. This is my 4th Diavel now in 8 years, but its my first S model. The difference is noticeable. £4K Noticeable ? Not sure, but residuals will tell in a couple of years with the different models. Still my favourite bike of all time. I have had Gen1, Gen 2 , X Diavel and now this 1260 S ...Love them :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’m torn between a 1260 with the termi in stealth black 2021 and a 1260s with standard 2019? What would you choose ?

4. I actually went for a 1260s with a termi two years ago. Glad I did the ride quality is superior especially on today's potholed rutted roads and can be dialled in to suit various riding solo two up luggage etc

5. Think I agree and on this bike anything that improves the handling is only going to add to the ride experience.

6. I've just bought my 2nd 1260S with Termi and I must admit it's an animal - the Ohlins still needs setting up as it's a bit crashing over the road surface but I've just got to wait to get booked in - I've got a comfort seat as well with more padding and that makes the ride quite plush due to the extra foam
    The instant torque is mental - I rode a V4 Diavel 4 weeks ago and it was soulless and didn't have the low down grunt and character I was looking for and it sounded anemic with standard exhaust
    Get the S model and when you can afford it get the exhaust

Do Not Sell My Personal Information