1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 New Drivetrain, What Have I Done Wrong? (squeaking Sound)

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Patrik, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Yes exactly! So sprocket probably since if it would have been the axle it should also not be the specific spot on the sprocket (if I ain’t wrong :))

2. Ok! I put the old sprocket on and now the ”gap” from tightest spot (51,5) to slackest spot (54) so this seems more resonable since it is a o-ring chain. I’ve adjusted the chain now on the tightest spot to be ~50,5 - 51 when standing on the side stand (whiteout anyone on the bike) think that should be pretty ok?

Also I’m going to contact the eBay seller to see what their thoughts/feedback are.

#42 Patrik, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. Been driving for a couple of hours now. (aprox 200km) I dont know if it is just my head but it feels like I've some more vibrations on my left footpeg at about 4-5k rpm. Could it just be the new chain and new front sprocket? or should i try to tight/slack it a bit (the chain). Any suggestions?

4. Have you checked your swinging arm assembly pivot points, casting for fractures (vibrations) ?

5. Will do some more investigation tonight when I get home from work, but it cant be due to new sprocket and chain? that it needs to wear in? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information