1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ducati Monster 1200 R! A Little Teaser!

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by d8mok, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Anyone else seen that they are doing a 1200R monster ?

2. I had an email this morning too, no details though

3. Interesting , is this what they are releasing this month then instead of a streetfighter?

4. It looks that way, the press release does state that it will be the most powerful naked Ducati to date...

5. 'The most powerful Ducati naked ever is almost here: a more powerful engine, a sportier chassis and an advanced design.'
    Discover more: http://bit.ly/1end0M6

6. The most powerful Ducati naked ever is almost here: a more powerful engine, a sportier chassis and an advanced design.

The new Monster 1200 R, a first taste of the 2016 Ducati range, will be unveiled during the Volkswagen Group Night in Frankfurt on 14 September. This event takes place just before the IAA 2015 (Internationale Automobilausstellung in Frankfurt am Main) opens its doors to the public who will able to see the motorcycle for the very first time at the Audi booth from 15 to 20 September.

Starting 9 pm on 14 September 2015, the press kit of the new Monster 1200 R will be available for download on the Ducatipress.com website.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So more than 160bhp then!

8. that will be a pretty price tag im sure :D

9. I have a 1200S Stripe on loan whilst my 899 is in looking into the stuck throttle. Its a great bike for anybody with small feet. I hope this might not have the pillion peg's as part of the frame so I can try it and fit my feet on properly.

10. When is the multistrada with the 1299 dvt been outed? ...shhhiiittt I just did

11. Trying to fight back against Aprilia and KTM....

12. Please for the love of God make it big enough for me and my feet :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Amen to that I've had the 1200S 3 days and I need new toe sliders and a foot reduction.

14. I wantz1

• Like Like x 2
  15. OK. I'm looking forward to this in my capacity as ex-1098 SF and beleaguered 2014 Tuono owner.

My gripes about the monster 12 were its softness and lack of room on the pegs. Hopefully they've addressed these with the R. If they have then my money is ready and waiting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I hope this is good, I'll trade my 1200S in if they sort the footpegs, well if it has 160+ HP I'll trade it in footpegs or not. Semi active Ohlins suspension would be ace!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oh dear, went for s1r instead of monster1200s..2016 might get expensive!

18. I can't imagine them sorting the peg thing, would be too much of a change?

19. think its sorted, separate footrest hangers (front and pillion) plus a recess in silencer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information