1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ducati Owner In Bristol England

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Roughcut DXD, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Cheers mate

2. Welcome to the forum

3. Thanks

4. Love your hair man! That's a great picture dude...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. thanks

6. Love to but I can't at the moment! Neither bike is roadworthy, DVLA have withdrawn my licence, and I cannot physically get on a bike! In March '19, I was knocked off and suffered 10 hours of surgery from which I am still recovering. I won't bore you with the details but a replacement hip and a lot of metalwork was involved - that's why I know the Bristol (and Gloucester and Cheltenham) hospitals so well!

7. Ah go on x

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Welcome along

9. Open the pic on your phone, and you will see the email option appear at the bottom of the screen. Touch it and your email opens. Send the pics to your own email. Then open them on the laptop.

10. Welcome to the Forum Roughcut :upyeah:

11. Or..... just use the phone to interface with the Forum :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome dude

13. I'm sorry to hear that, every time I see a bike accident it sends a shiver down my spine! Glad you made it through all that, one day you will be riding again:)

14. thanks

15. cheers dude

16. They're there to keep us grounded in life,if you see a women thumbing for a lift on the side of the road ....don't stop or your be back at square one.;)

17. Welcome but we need pictures

18. Thanks.

Mine was a bit baffling as I got a whack on the head and can remember nothing of the accident or about 2 months afterwards. Luckily (for me) the Police don't think that I was speeding and the other driver always admitted fault and was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention, to which she pleaded guilty (6 points) but her insurance company (Hastings) are still denying any liability. It's a strange World as my sol only takes on motoring cases that he is pretty confident of winning. Yet when I used to 'phone, she was always out of the office and in court (she is a partner and has about 10 staff of other sols or legal executives) and I always used to think, "what's she doing in court?".

Hastings must know of her and realise they are in the sh1t (she goes for the throat! - I wouldn't like to cross her!) and know that this will end up in court but they seem quite happy to waste thousands of policy holder's money arguing that black is white.

At the moment we are waiting to see what DVLA say about my driving license, because this could add tens of thousands to my claim. So, my sol sits back to wait for the DVLA outcome and Hastings sit back because they seem to think that if they string things out for long enough, then I will miraculously disappear!

The whole thing is very weird!!!

19. That's a story and a half, keep at them. Hope it all ends well for you. Stay strong man, hang in there and I'm sure justice will be done:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information