1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Thoughts So Far Please Respond

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. I changed the engine map to "high" in Touring, and also took a tick off the DWC. Otherwise left it alone from a suspension standpoint. I leave it in Touring for commuting and 2-up on the highway and around town, will switch to to Sport on the fly when we hit the twisties. As you note, the handling tightens up a bit and it is less floaty when you push it. Since I have the map the same the engine response is the same, with just a bit less TC and WC in sport. I really don't like to change the throttle response - that is one constant no matter what the situation. Same thing on my GSw as I run it in "Dynamic" mode all the time, and just change preload for solo or 2-up.

2. You've set yours exactly as me. Totally agree with your comments.

3. IMG_1199.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1199.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1207.JPG Loving mine!

IMG_1204.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice. The gel pads make it more comfortable too i find anyway.

5. Well the spring is in the air & i have my gopro5 hero session all set up on my helmet. With a big memory card & a USB lead under seat ready to plug in to my jacket. Where i have stitched a lead to the collar, to keep the pro charged all day. I will as promised definitely be uploading some video,s to youtube for all the guys who keep asking about the difference with a Termi exhaust & the upmap. I will not be riding at stupid speeds or deliberately breaking the law. It will just be to show how the big twin can pull smoothly at low revs as some say is impossible. Keep posting on here as i know there are quite a few who have the DVT. Also a question for all Multi owners. When do you think they will announce the V4 Multistrada.

6. As the 1260 is just being released my guess would be in 2 or 3 years time. Not sure a V4 is relevant to Oz as no autobahns here:(.

Only had my MY17 with touring and urban packs 2 weeks. Got to play and ride over a wet Easter and collected the bike from local dealer after it's 1000km service today.
    I have jettisoned the stock screen and fitted a Puig Double Bubble.
    http://www.onlineracingspares.com.au/p/double-bubble-screen-puig-ducati-multistrada-1200/7622F
    I'm 6'2 and this has eliminated the buffeting of the OEM screen despite being shorter.
    Radiator and oil cooler guards yet to be fitted.
    As I'm 120kg kitted up, the dealer set me up in Touring, 2up, one luggage. Top box fitted. I changed the throttle map to high and very happy 1 up thus far. Pillioned 90kg MrsDownunder. Rear drooped a lot on boarding and dragged the pegs through the twisties when riding spiritedly:bucktooth:. Any suggestions for suspension set-up? Yet to get to making any manual changes. Looking for fast touring platform, compliant suspension.
    Anyone running the SC Project decat exhaust?
    https://www.sc-project.com/ducati_multistrada_1200_2015_photogallery_oval.htm
    I believe it is compatible with panniers and centre stand. Want to increase the mid range torque and add some aural theatre, but don't want the full orchestra drone on a touring bike. A mate has a titanium Arrow fitted to his MY15 which I like.
    Also considering a K&N air filter or similar from SCP.
    Appreciate any feedback!

#206 Downunder, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The guys at moto rapido don't think the multi will get a V4 at all. Said there was no need and it wouldn't suit an adventure bike? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. I say DOWNUNDER that SC silencer looks very nice. More so than the pretty ugly termi i have. I was only asking about V4 as when at the NEC bike show last year, the Ducati UK guy said (watch this space) so i guess the thoughts are there. The V4 motor cut through behind a screen looked very impressive, but also expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If the longer trail arm and rake adjustments to the 1260 were to improve high speed stability for continental touring, esp. 2up, I could foresee a market for a V4 MTS in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If that's what they said I'd stop going there as they are clearly a bunch of wuckfits. Not including the Enduro, "normal" Multistrada's are not bloody adventure bikes! Also, whoever said that clearly hasn't ridden the V4 either!

Based on what I've experienced by riding the Panigale V4S, if they released a V4 Multistrada tomorrow I'd trade in immediately and I wouldn't care how much I loose on my 1260. I would just have to have that engine in my life because it's utterly brilliant, AND it would work very well in the Multistrada as the low-down grunt is abundant, smooth and extremely manageable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Don't shoot the messenger dude, just relaying what the head honcho said down there, and I think he's probably more in the know than you and me. I would also say it's unlikely that I'm gonna stop using my local dealer cause his opinion conflicts with yours eh, especially as he owns a Ducati dealership, and you erm.... Don't :rolleyes:

PS, think he's ridden everything, he owns the gaff ;)

#211 Wayne58, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2018
  12. I'd say 50-50 they build one. Aprilia has yet to put their V4 in the Caponord, and they've been doing the V4 for years. I'd be all over a V4 Multi, but given their product cycles I'd say 2021 at the earliest and I wouldn't be surprised if it is further out or never gets made. May depend on what BMW and KTM do and how that plays out. I don't think the XR has been a huge hit for BMW, so a detuned superbike engine in an ADV format isn't necessarily a sure-thing hit. KTM is a bit different as they don't have a homologated big bore race bike at the moment, and their 1290 is now a universal platform for naked sport, sport-touring, and adv (same as the boxer is for BMW).

• Like Like x 1
  13. One simple over-riding factor - Ducati have spent millions developing that V4 engine for road bikes, in order to get their return on investment they need to get it into a variety of models and get them sold. I would think that logical donors for that engine would include Multistrada's and Monster. Not necessarily the entire range of each model - so maybe not the Enduro, but you'd have to say that a V4 Monster would also be a formidable tool.

Also, it's not as simple as just dropping that engine in because the chassis needs extensive redesign, just like they've done with the Panigale V4 and it's "front frame". That's not something they're like to do in isolation or as a minor tweak, but more likely to come as a major change, and gawd knows the Multistrada has only really had a series of tweaks for as long as the beaky front has been in existence, even though Ducati will tell you that the DVT is 90% different to the previous bike. That may well be the case but the DVT and 1260 aren't wildly different from previous generations in reality. It's long overdue a major redesign. Not because there's anything wrong with it, but manufacturers do need to be seen to keep model ranges fresh.

I can't think of any financial reasons to not do it because it will sell, of that there is no doubt. To not do it when you've just shot-the-moon on developing an all new engine for a new era of Ducati's, seems, well, pretty bloody moronic. That is like keeping a dog and barking yourself.

#213 Rainman, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
  14. Rode the tuono v4 when 1st introduced. Mental. So guess monster would be same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Owning a Ducati dealership doesn't mean he knows anything at all. I'm not shooting you at all mate, but I don't believe half of what dealers tell me and we don't need them to join the dots up ourselves. You're forgetting that they still have to sell the current models they're stocking, and if they actually told you what they were really thinking on the issue then the word would be out and this years sales would be in the toilet.

Dealers hate it when significant things like new engines start coming out, because ultimately they're gonna have to start discounting their old stock to shift it.

16. I’d be amazed if the V4 didn’t find it’s way into a number of bikes over the next 3-4 years.

I reckon a big tourer is on the cards, along with a new Diavel, Multi and a Monster.

I can see the V2 remaining in the Scrambler and retros.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. V2........v2 :mad:

18. I don,t care what you reckon but come on guys. The V4 has had so much hipe. I will no doubt find its way to the multi. Some have already said if it came out tomorrow they would have one. I 2nd that. Even if it was just because of the sound of the dam thing.:eek:

19. So Monday was the 1st time out this year. Yes i know i am a wimp but don,t like the cold. Anyway i can now understand why i bought the bike in the 1st place. It is soo nice to ride. I know the BMW gs1200 is a great touring bike. My mates have them. I usually ride rear gunner for reasons unknown to me. But when the guys up front have a moment on there BM,s i let them go & then gun the multi. Its amazing how quick the thing makes progress. In a nutshell. Super quick to accelerate. Super quick to slow down. Very cumfortable. Economical. Smile factor 10+. & of course super bloody expensive, but hey what ever makes an old man happy. Tomorrow (Monday) in to Ducati Leeds for recall brakes & switch on my spots. Also nearly forgot pinpoint handling & thats with the standard scorpion 2,s which i will be changing for the new Pilot road 5,s when required. My Daughter & son in law are at Bike tyres Leeds so hope to get a good price fitted. Maybe around June. Forgot the most important bit, the Termi exhaust full decat system. Absolutely wild while also being quite ugly. The strangest thing of all is that i keep putting the baffle back in & every time i open my back box what do i find, A baffle wrapped neatly in a piece of kitchen roll with a allan key & a bolt. Officer i have no idea how it got there but promise i will put it back in right now if you let me off. Looked at the 1260 but until the V4 comes out will stick with the chug chug. Regards all & have a super summer riding your multi,s whether its a early model or late. I have done lots of gopro vids of my rides & when i can work out how to haze over the speedo i will post links. Maybe see some of you at Squire s cafe. Every tue, thurs, & sun. Or even at Seaways or anywhere along the east coast. :p:Do_O

• Like Like x 1
  20. In Ducati Leeds at moment having recall done. They say Ducati will never do the v4 multi. Guess I was wrong.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information