1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Thoughts So Far Please Respond

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. So now done over 1000 miles on PR5,s In my opinion they are extremely good. Running 38 rear & 36 front. Very happy bunny. Bike feels much more planted on corners too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Went to the Lake district today with all panniers on. Both sides & back box. Loaded with clothes for walking & tools + 1st aid kit. Riding a bit too fast to be honest. I really do think that to go any faster than i was on the Multi with all the kit on board would have to have been a full on sports bike. Car drivers sometimes do not like being overtaken, when they have been behind some old pillock doing 20 under the speed limit & you fly past them. Comments.

3. My 1200s is in sport mode all the time, I know the feeling of the lunges, it feels like a badly tensioned chain.Much worse in other modes.
    I keep mine in sport, touring is ok but I find it takes a while to get used to the delivery.
    Not had any issues apart from getting the screen right, now happy.
    I found I was turning into a bit of a hooligan, riding way too fast but have managed to reign it in, once they are run in they are seriously powerful.

4. Watch our for that - most drivers have zero rear observation, so a brief pause to see just what piece of idiocy they’re going to perpetrate next pays dividends. But they’re as nothing compared to some sports bike riders when they’re blasted past by a 2-up Multistrada with full luggage.

5. For me, biking on the road is about enjoyment rather than flat out speed, however, the latest generation of supernakes are the fastest most comfortable way to travel on the road. The Multi is not far off, and has better pillion and luggage options. Thankfully for me I travel light and leave the mrs at home o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Read the last few answers on here. My now longish term review of the 1200s 7000 miles is that after owning a lot of touring & sports bikes being an old bastard. I have ridden most of the fastest bikes on the planet & can honestly say i think the multi is among the most enjoyable. Off a roundabout in a low gear with the termi system the full sound is orgasmic to say the least. Although i got cought out in a bad rainstorm in Skipton yesterday & lost the rear end in a roundabout. Probably the deisel bregade.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information