1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Thoughts So Far Please Respond

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Just posted on another thread. I,m going to post some youtube vids of the bike with termi system & upmap done by Ducati. My bike had the dreaded lurching, which was,nt as bad after putting all modes to full power but still not good anything below 2750 rpm. Now the bike will pull perfectly on the flat at anything over 1800 rpm. Mid range is amazing. Full chat don,t know as never done that yet.

2. Just back from two consecutive weekends away in Wales on the 2015 DVT, without a doubt (IMO) the Mutley is the best bike there is for fast road riding. More than enough power, handles brilliantly in the twisties and the Airbox roar is very addictive. QS not needed when it will go from 40 to 1xx in 3rd and pulls like a train especially when it get to about 6.5k rpm when another train gets added until the orange lights start to flicker!

I have 22k on this Mutley and its my 3rd one and a 4th will be next. It has the latest fuel map and there is a very small lag at about 4.5k but by keeping it on the gas it is hardly noticeable at all and that is with the Standard exhaust .

The downside is that the handling and the engine torque means that the tyres (PR4 in my case) and the Chain and sprockets take a beating so you need to keep an eye on the wear rates and mine likes a drink of oil as well when it is used as it should be.

I have tried other "contenders" and as an all-rounder it is the one for me.
    PS - no pictures - too busy riding!

3. How are the PR4s as I have spoke to a few guys who have had them & they say they are great wet weather tyres but wear pretty quick.

4. For the UK the PR4's are great, a set lasts me about 6K miles for both front and rear but as ever "it depends" on use, riding style etc. They do get hot and wear quickly in hot weather when pushed and I doubt I would use them if I lived in Spain but I don't. When they get a bit worn they take longer to heat up as there is less rubber to move about to produce the heat, In my "normal UK use" I find them to be an excellent all round tyre in the wet and the dry.

Other mates rate the Metzeler Roadtec 01's so may try those next time.

5. I find them good in the dry and great in the wet. 4K rear and 8k front :)

6. I have replaced the exhaust with an ARROWS system on my 2017 Pikes Peak Multi, I have boxed my Termi and the Cat (saved in my loft), and plugged a resistor (From USA) into the unit that operates the servo exhaust noise flap built into the cat; this eliminates fault lights coming up on the dash. The bike is no smoother but seems to have more mid range and high rev power. The bike is still lurchy at slow traffic filter paces. I have had to sign in to this site under a second email as my previous site name 'Steve the Fly' won't let me sign in any more due to me adding secondary security authorising on my mobile! Never do that ! So if you read anything by Steve the Fly, it was me lol. I've been on the site a while now and have found it very useful. Back to the bikes though, I have noticed that when the bike starts up with the deCat system, it gets noisier and then quietens down again! It;s weird ! But as far as smoothness is concerned, mine is still rough at low speed, but it hasn't done 2000 miles yet so has not loosened up. Hopefully at the 300mile mark, it may be a bit smoother. I have had twins before and they have all been smoother than this one. So, fingers crossed the miles will cure it ! (green is harder to read) I think this photo still has the Termi fitted

Pikes Peak 66 Wild Hog.jpg

#126 ParaPikesPeak, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  7. I am a bit confused by your statement above. You have taken the full termi race system off your bike in favour of an Arrows system. Confused because if you had the full termi cat back system on the bike it also comes with the Upmap chip which eliminates the low revs lurching altogether, pulling reasonably smooth from 1800 rpm upwards. It also stops the higher revs when starting which drop back after a few seconds I.E noise then quieter. Mines been fitted since 1000 miles at 1st service by Ducati. Iv,e now done 2300ish & its brilliant all round. Even pops on upshift if you time it right. Fitted these seat covers & crash bars too. Seat small.jpg 20170904_064952.jpg

8. The pikes peak only comes with an end can, so I suspect he's stored that to fit a full arrow system, as they are less than half the price of full termi. :upyeah:

9. Ah doh never thought of that. How you doin fella. Weather crap up here so not been out this week on mutley.

10. On nights mate, but its my last for this set, so happy days (well once I wake up tomorrow anyway :cool:) Rode my Multi in for this entire set but got piss wet through yesterday, all good though. You ??

PS, like the seat covers, they go over original seats ??

11. Yeh pretty good, apart from fitted givi engine bars & the cross joining piece was the wrong one. Took off on a run to Hawes at silly speed chasing mates while doing a video, When the bike landed the front mudguard rear bit hooked over the cross piece & when forks uncompressed it bent the guard up & rammed it into the radiator damaging the fins a bit.See pic. Still waiting to hear back from Givi. Going to stick the vid on youtube when I sus it out, But have to shield the speedo for a few seconds. Usually I don,t go too much over limit but you know when the bloody horns come out. That raised bit should be 100mm instead of 30. God knows what that bit is off. Came from Italy like that. Its been over a week now & they still have not responded. radiator small.jpg

12. Yeh pretty good, apart from fitted givi engine bars & the cross joining piece was the wrong one. Took off on a run to Hawes at silly speed chasing mates while doing a video, When the bike landed the front mudguard rear bit hooked over the cross piece & when forks uncompressed it bent the guard up & rammed it into the radiator damaging the fins a bit.See pic. Still waiting to hear back from Givi. Going to stick the vid on youtube when I sus it out, But have to shield the speedo for a few seconds. Usually I don,t go too much over limit but you know when the bloody horns come out. That raised bit should be 100mm instead of 30. God knows what that bit is off. Came from Italy like that. Its been over a week now & they still have not responded. View attachment 97684

13. Damage looks minimal though, bit of a bugger they not replied though ?? Was the guard fitted correctly from the factory, as I suspect it shouldn't get near that crash bar like that ??

14. Ahh, the crash guard should be much higher at 100mm, sorry, just read that

15. No they are ebays. Have a look at the givi bars for 2015-16-17 multi on ebay. You can see there is a hoop in the middle of the cross bar. When these came I just thought they were latest style & fitted them.

16. See above, I just read the bit about 100mm, but was the mudguard on correctly, as it shouldn't get near that Givi crash guard surely ??

17. If you look at the trajectory of the mudguard as the suspension compresses it,s in line with the cross piece, hence the hoop. The twats posted the wrong bit in the kit. All I have asked them is to send me the right one but shtum so far.

18. Cool, good luck, sorry, gotta dash for a few mins, just had a radio shout. Laters :upyeah:

19. Really? Relying on your SatNav to get you around the bend? Wow! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Well it seems that there is only 38 multi owners on this forum. Thought there would have been a few hundred.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information