1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Dvt Thoughts So Far Please Respond

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Hurray! Bike is back today, thanks P&H! Nice job done, heated grips fitted (loved it) and even got the bike washed. Maybe whiteways cafe in the morning tomorrow and a stretch to boxhill.
    (Had the HG on today :D)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Another mahoosive bender, heated grips? Was 21 degrees today you big girls blouse :p

3. Not tried my heated grips out yet, will be interesting to see how good they are as the ones on my old K1600 spoilt me, 5 settings from ok to ridiculously hot, setting 3 was the most used.

4. I think you may be disappointed :(

5. A good 200 mile romp today, coastal mountains then some inland mountains. This time 2-up. The good news is no extra heat for the wife (she also fell asleep for a good chunk of the freeway stretch). The fueling is noticeably smoother from zero on up. I had a stretch up uphill twisties where I stayed mostly in 2nd and had up in the yellow zone for some bits. It's a wonderful motor at this point.

I will say that I find a bit more vibration transmitted at 5K and above. I suspect the heavier exhaust may have been damping out some vibes. Not enough to be bothersome, just noticeable. At 70mph on the freeway in 6th gear (right around 4k), totally smooth so for long trips totally a non-issue. The only time my wife notices is when I'm working the bike a bit harder. She wasn't falling asleep the mountains :D

Did have the key fob not register after we stopped for a WC break (translated for the British crowd). First time that has happened. Luckily the PIN works, and that is a great feature than BMW should steal as their keyless does not have a backdoor way to fire up the bike unless you carry a spare key. The next stops though it worked with the fob. I would think interference but when it didn't work we were pretty much in the middle of nowhere, at a small museum that has nice, clean WCs and drinking fountains.

On balance I'd say the exhaust and upmap is worth it if you're got the money sitting around. It makes it a more enjoyable ride around town, and has a bit more rumble in the engine voice. But if you don't have $3K burning a hole in your pocket, it isn't a must-have. Thankfully I don't have any bad habits any more, so my money has to go somewhere :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. He stopped for a quick piss !! (translated for us lot a bit better) o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Make sure it’s away from your phone. Mine hates being even in the same tank bag sometimes, so I keep key in a top pocket and phone in tank bag or farthest away pocket. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. My mate was at Olivers mount Scarborough a few months ago & could not turn his alarm Imobiliser off, so called AA. The guy came & pushed the bike a few hundred metres & then it started fine. It was parked by a large transponder mast which causes problems with electronic devices.

9. You can also hold the key fob over the right black fairing panel and the ignition will come on when pressing the button. I buy spare batteries and keep some in my tankbag.

10. I was trying to be a bit proper. Queen's English and all that rot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Was in the same relative position as always - phone in upper jacket pocket, key fob in pants pocket. But maybe the phone decided to hit the network or maybe there was some surveillance stuff where we parked. I may have noticed a black helicopter...

12. You have pockets in your pants?? bizarre !! :p

(more queens English rot :D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well going out tomorrow , hope the wind & rain drops a bit. This was last Saturdays mess.

Dirty bike 1 small.jpg

Dirty bike 2 small.jpg
    You can see how good the rear mudguard is L.O.L.

14. I picked mine up once and clean from Snells, and it looks like that ^^^^ above after the 80 mile ride home in the rain :confused:

15. Why don't they fit MUDGUARDS ? You know, those things that guard against mud ?????

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just under 8k now on my 2016 DVT. One fuel sender replaced and just been back for a cold start fuelling issue.
    The dealer couldn't find anything wrong but I spoke to the lad working on it and he said he had reset all parameters.
    Next day perfect, idle at around 1200 rpm and as smooth as you like, sorted, well pleased. Next morning same problem back, idle at 2k rpm and running rich as a pig, round the roundabout it tried to stall again, I cant be bothered to take it back again, I just ride with two fingers on the clutch for the first few minutes, it's not the end of the world.
    It's not helped by the fact that my local dealer moved miles away so there's no one near now.
    Other than this it's a great bike to ride, I've recently done the Pyrenees and no dramas, I love the fact you can tour there and then have a scratch in the mountains.
    What would I change? Heated grips are shite compared to my mates Beemer and there's an awful lot of screen buffet / noise at motorway speeds, and also decent mudguards.
    I'd also get rid of most of the set up options, who buys a 1290cc bike and rides it in 100bhp mode ? Sport and touring is all that's needed, and 8 different levels of abs, tc and anti wheelie ffs, really ?

17. +1 on the above, especially heated grips and shite mudguards.

18. (1190cc) I do use the Enduro mode quite a bit going over Yorkshire moors. But it is sold as a multipurpose machine. Had heated grips on again this morning & cannot find anything wrong with them. Low keeps hands warm, medium hands warmer, high hands hot. What,s not to like about them. Had plenty of Oxford ones in the past with more settings but hey.

19. The heated grips are OK at slow speed and when its not too cold

When air temps are less than 10 degrees and when going at a fair rate (i.e. not stuck in town or traffic) they are just not hot enough / the air windchill is too much.

When temps drop I also use Keis heated under gloves as well as the grips.

20. Mate was behind me on a proper bit of road at the weekend. We were trapping on a bit, plenty of tight corners and plenty of air. When we stopped he was shaking his head. Said he couldn't believe the amount of travel in the bikes suspension, especially the back and not once did it look out of shape and I looked completely relaxed on it.

Also noted the sparks coming from the centre stand a couple of times on landing o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information