1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Exhaust!

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Dansrockin, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Ducati ownership is such an up and down affair! Last week my speedo died. Traced it to a snapped cable so ordered a replacement. I swapped it over ok, but the bottom end fastener on the front wheel is a right pig to get anything on tight enough to turn it! All done now though! I managed to pick up a set of exhausts too, was going for a set of DP Remus silencers, but at the last minute found a set of professionally modified standard exhausts from Baines racing in Silverstone. They have had the insides taken out and replaced with perforated tube and sound deadening matting, and he said they were made to order a few years back to flow and sound like termi's. I ended up paying £70 for them which I thought was a pretty decent price! I put them on the other day, went to test them out even though it was raining, and the bloody bike wouldn't start! Water has got around the immobiliser antenna! Took the ignition cover off and dried out the antenna, got all kitted up, and the bike decided the battery was too low to start! So after a day on charge, I finally managed to get the bike out this morning for a run to work! What a sound! Much more of a deep boom, but not over loud. Sounds amazing when on the power and when rolling off the throttle. Sounds just like I expected a Ducati to sound! Very happy with them! I tried to take a quick vid but the sound hasn't really come across on it!

20181130_105128.jpg

20181130_105151.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds flipping good :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! It sounds even better stood next to it!

4. Thumbs up!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I love the way you type & seemingly don't get uber pissed off!

My fog-lights/running lights started to work independent of me pressing the button..OYB says its water ingress & they'll take a look at the connector next time I have a service. As its dried out & back to normal. However when I do get the thing apart at the dealership I'll turn up with lots of shrink wrap (non resin) to help mitigate this from happening again. With the connectors brushed clean of rust & lubed with petroleum jelly then sealed off from contaminants by heat-gun. Proper job

The exhaust sounds nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks!
    Having owned mg/rovers for the last 8-9 years, along with numerous cheap old bikes, I've got used to things going wrong and having to find ways of fixing them! Getting pissed off was something I used to do quite often, but I slowly learnt that that was more likely to make things worse or take longer fixing them!

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information