1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kjelly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hi Kjelly, Tony here... (buzzer) the electrics on the DS are a nightmare, like on many of the older Ducati bikes... the integration of the clocks, ECU, immobiliser make it difficult to do anything with them when they go wrong... After my LCD display sent for the second time I dumped the lot and went for carbs rather than scrap the bike.... some info of both iterations of the bike on my blog pages.

https://jtccc.wordpress.com/our-motorbikes/ducati-multistrada-2/

https://jtccc.wordpress.com/our-motorbikes/ducati-multistrada/

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. HI there! I love what you did with the bike but unfortunately I am nowhere near the level that you are showing. Nice job on the diy loom!

3. Welcome KY :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I thought you could use another dash when you flash the ECU no? I freakin hope so otherwise I will have to buy another dash

5. Welcome and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome KJ, I am looking forward to following your build .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks man. I will make a topic when I start with the build.

9. Welcome the the Forum Kjelly:upyeah:

That sounds like the oil pressure cable is connected to the neutral switch and the neutral cable is connected to the oil pressure switch. As they’re identical connectors and both hang down from the frame on the right hand side it’s easy to mistake them and plug them into the wrong socket. Don’t ask me how I know :worried:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum could we have so pictures please

11. Firstly
    84146F59-1941-4DAD-BB96-2BB159F1EA8F.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. And secondly - @buzzer - you sir have some mad skills! Just lost half an hour looking at your blog without realising it! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. welcome to the club mate

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to the forum Kjelly, good luck with your project.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information