1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hailwood Replica...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Masklin, Aug 29, 2018.

1. I wouldn't know TBH. I think you'd struggle to buy any bevel twin in a good condition for under £10k, 900SS are fetching north of £20k fairly regularly and MHR seem anywhere from @ £16k - £30k depending upon condition and originality and which model it is. I can't get my head around the prices some models fetch TBH.

2. I dunno... it's a replica and not an original, at a cost a tenth of the unavailable original and I bet it goes well. This one certainly seemed to. The DB5 is a weird one as it's dearer than an original, and you could get hold of an original still at around 1/3 of the cost. The engine is AUS $38k (@ £21k) for the Vee Two Ritorno motor. Would be a nice upgrade to avoid wearing out the MHR's original if I could afford it.

If in the market for something period for the track, this NCR would probably be fun, and still relatively affordable, or this TT1 at a slightly higher price.

3. Pictures of the first one built. Along with price ticket....

Also picture of John McGuinness at Quarter Bridge on the ORIGINAL. DSC05438small.JPG DSC05437small.JPG DSC05494small.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. The original !!!! but I watched that on the ITV4 and they announced it was the original bike , I know memory can fail me - but I read somewhere (I think) that the MH bike raced, the engine blew up at the next outing so they replaced it, a few meeting later it was crashed and the frame was bent so they replaced that too. So original it can't be - if my memory serves me.

5. So like Trigger's broom then? :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was there at the fom in the tent I can only say it is very faithful to the original.
    And very nice to look at
    I think considering the Honda rc 231 thingy
    I think 110k isn’t that bad

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Isn’t it a ncr racebike rep?, not really comparable to a mhr roadbike.

8. That's a fair statement.

9. No mention of it during my converstion with Steve Wynne at the Classic. As far as I'm aware the only race it did after the TT was at Mallory. Then it was sold (for 5 grand) and has been retired in America ever since.

I have pictures I took of it the Mallory race meeting. Mallory Park 103 small.jpg Mallory Park 108 small.jpg

The replica bikes are not road bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. There was a dispute back in the day about which one was even the original. I remember Coburn & Hughes in Luton had " The hailwood bike" up on a plinth for a while. I suppose Steve wynne or Pat slinn would know the truth of the Coburn's bike but i've never had the opportunity to ask them.

11. There was a dispute back in the day about which one was even the original. I remember Coburn & Hughes in Luton had " The hailwood bike" up on a plinth for a while. I suppose Steve wynne or Pat slinn would know the truth of the Coburn's bike but i've never had the opportunity to ask them.

12. So what is the bike in the Factory museum?

13. Anyone got good pics of the 'original' one at the Classic the other week to compare pics with the period pics posted above :thinkingface:

14. This is the 1

231C66C4-19D5-495B-997F-45832CA32CD9.jpeg

FBA96A46-CA57-4929-9802-F9A2A82EF644.jpeg

1A453032-3819-4FC1-A193-CFE98F258965.jpeg

15. Wasn’t it crashed at Mallory & rebuilt ? And then sold to a American for 5k
    Quite a lot of money I guess in 78 ?!?

16. Lets ask a man who was there @steeve ?

17. This is a great sticker on a bike parked up near the paddock

E240EAF5-16DF-40ED-A6E5-A14374F64D7F.jpeg

18. Triggers broom comes to mind

Do Not Sell My Personal Information