1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Helmet Day And It's A Special One!!!

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by tcrofty7, Nov 23, 2021.

1. We all know what you’ll be getting for Christmas now @Nasher :joy::joy:

2. Not quite, but then no one crashed into my bike :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. If you are suggesting I'll get a new helmet for Xmas you are very much mistaken.
    It will be the usual CD each from my boys, and a £10 WH Smiths voucher from the in-laws.
    Lady Nasher and I gave up buying each other Pressies years ago so we could spend the money on the boys.

4. Not even the obligatory socks and pants??? Should be signed into law that every man gets them at Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silver iridium visor fitted. Looks much better :cool:

20211127_152036.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Very nice! Visor looks good ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don't think I'll ever move from Shoei X-spirit. Brilliant aerodynamics means you can turn your head at speed without head being ripped off. Only about £600 too.

8. I have to say guys that even my £400 Craft from....errmmm too many years ago, that you took the p155 out of is brilliant in that respect.

#68 Nasher, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Having a Shoei shaped head, it would be good if Ducati had some Shoei offerings available, as I'm in the market for a new helmet.

10. Ducati offer ‘branded’ models from Arai and X-Lite who are of course, both Italian companies. Shoei is I guess by their sponsorship association with Marc Marquez, linked with Honda. Certainly the advertising of the X-Spirit 3 and NXR 2, heavily feature the Marquez brothers riding Hondas. Andy

11. I might have a look at the X-Lite helmets, but always considered them to be a budget brand when compared with Arai and Shoei. I tried on their peaked helmet with drop down visor a few years ago, and the padding wasn't as plush & the fit and feel was quite low quality.

12. You could buy one and get it painted?

13. Good plan. Any ideas what the cost for painting is?

14. I think it's around £350. Or you could get it wrapped which is cheaper. Speak to Bobby who does the Ducati wraps on here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you are an archetypal Shoei head, I wouldn’t bother. The X-Lite is a short helmet. Tried an 802RR (superseded by the 803) on Friday and my jaw from my bottom lip was below the jaw piece. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thought Arai was Japanese?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Now why did I think they were Italian ? No accounting for a bout of stupid brains. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. It's Monday... I use that as my excuse. Never seems to work when I get to Wednesday for some reason

19. Try the xlite/Nolan 803. U had around and shining for years, but ,for me ,this is far better. I'm on my 4th

• Like Like x 1
  20. A decent paint job will be 450-500 but well worth it, I have someone I can recommend .... have had 4 done in the last couple of years .....

Regards head shape, I'm an archetypal Shoe shaped head, the X-Lite / Nolan / Shark (all the same company) shells are similar so you are likely to find what you want, also consider Bell, my last purchase was a Bell Racestar which I then had painted ... if you are going the paint route no need to pay the replica premium just get the cheapest you can find ...

Below is my Bell

IMG-20210721-WA0010.jpeg IMG-20210721-WA0016.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information