1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hypermotard 950 Sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Maplesyrup, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Not really, 4 kids and time for them to start driving, so they need cars soon.
    I told my wife that the only bike I would get if I was to commute would be the Hyper.

• Like Like x 1
  2. When I decided to get a bike to commute the Hyper is what got me interested.
    At the moment, I also need to get my son a car , so no extra money for another bike.
    I really want the Hyper for just overall fun on weekends as well.
    I’ve ridden a Harley and didn’t like the bulk of it. I like to be able to flick it around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. At least you'll look great on your commute haha! Try and get on some fun roads when you can too!

4. That is my goal..

5. Twin Termi's on Hyper 950 at Nec. Looks like just a slip on rather than a full system. Better looking than standard, but hoping for a nice twin akrapovic titanium full system
    IMG_20181121_59103.jpg IMG_20181121_44925.jpg

6. Looks pretty bad a.. Hopefully it sounds good too.

7. Hmmmnnnnn... when I first saw the 950 pix I didn't like it. I've given it a month and have studied the pix again and I now love it! I guess I needed a little gestation time to re-hone my taste buds. I'm really diggin' the hark back to the og model with the exposed trellis and twin pipes. Bad-ass

8. Yeah, I didn't like it at first and after looking at it more, I think it look really nice. The only thing that really bugs me is this
    [​IMG]
    I will definitely come up with some type of wrapping for these cables. It just looks like a half ass job. With this type of a bike and for the price, couldn't they have made this look better ?? Maybe it's just me, but it kills the look of the bike from the left side.

#88 jose, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  9. I doubt the production bikes will be like that - thats probably a prototype... maybe for the side stand wiring..

10. I noticed a few bits like that on the Pani V4 I took out earlier this year. Overall the build quality was impressive but it was really let down in a few areas.

If anything, the show bikes should be more meticulously tidied up.

11. I really hope this is true..

12. I was the same, couldn’t make my mind up. But after seeing it.... I’m in love. Ordered a one too.

13. W
    When will they be available where you are at?

14. Saw one at the NEC - definately better than the old one, but, as ive said before it needs more grunt...for looks i love it.

15. Can’t wait to hear the sound from both exhausts, definitely will sound different than what we are used to from the 939.

16. Due to arrive April 2019

17. Depends on what riding you do I guess. For me, twisty roads and short blasts over the Yorkshire dales I don’t think there’s much quicker or as much fun. My opinion obviously

• Like Like x 1
  18. April? Here in the states they expect to have them anytime from February to March.

19. Not disagreeing with the speed - weight ive gotta confess the 1100 is a fair bit lighter (172kilos) dry and thats a stocker with all the heavy stuff on there - i read the 950 as being around 200 kilos in stock form....its the "shove" that the 1100 motor has....thats what i love. Ive not had a go on an 821 or a 950 but for the 821 i read them as "having to have their neck wrung" to get them to go....not what a big v twin is about...this is why i keep saying time and time again the old multi lump should have gone in there....

With regards to the weight - y'cant deny the original hyper was what it was all about...they need to be going down that route...if they couldnt loose the weight then they should have increased the power (alot) to compensate for it...

20. They work quickly in Thailand.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information