1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Land Rover Defender

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Let's hope it has one of those special electronically controlled and electrically actuated handbrakes - they are great they are :thinkingface:

2. just more reliable (yip i said that with a straight face) a poor thaught out construction and a rusty bolt is more frustrating than a running fault tbh.

3. hill holder? thats works via the abs pump. i aint to keen on electric hanbrakes tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yeah, electric handbrakes - work of satan they are

5. Wouldn't touch JLR stuff with a fucking barge pole. Absolute shite! My mate's 2014 RR has just shat itself (8k for recon engine) and then a week later his bird's did exactly the same. I could go on. No. Just fucking no....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. i'm afraid thats true in my expeiriance, plus my sisters both newiish both pish

7. Lovely to drive and look at but absolute shite under the skin. Both cars I mention were under 70k miles. 3.0 litre turbo's (diesel) I think.

8. fine if you have the equipment for the windback proccedure and a battery charger

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yip. it was the looks that grabbed the sisters eye on the first one, but it spent more time at the dealers than on the road. so she handed it back and got another. which was no more reliable.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. A Renault my wife had had the common pad sticking issue - too much paint from the factory I reckon, anyhoo, I could get the brake to release but wouldn't be able to wind back for new pads - bah humbug :mad:

11. i can do it.
    for a fee..

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I know you can :D I looked into buying the plug in wind back tool but thought better of it, paid to have the pads changed and sold the car :upyeah:

13. you paid? did it hurt?

14. Feck yeah.... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I loved the LR3 that I had. Traded it in for my VW Atlas last year. It didn't have heat to the driver side footwell, the air conditioning would quit working on the hottest days and sometimes the backseat doors wouldn't let the passengers out. It turned over 200,000 miles and I decided it was time. Just in time considering we've since had a record-breaking cold winter and hot summer. Now it's been a record breaking rainy season and you never knew what it was going to do when it rained a lot...dashlights wouldn't come on or the radio didn't work or the engine ran funny. Then there was the little rattle noise on the first startup of the day. It had been making it for the last few years I owned it. Anyone that has had an LR from 2005-2009(?) knows it is a death rattle and just a matter of time before catastrophic engine failure occurs. Yup, I don't miss that anxiety but, I would still buy another new one someday. It was a workhorse and stood out in a crowd.

16. Fully speced new Defender £70,000 o_O

17. For something that side on looks like a skoda yeti:(

18. I saw that on Top Gear tonight.

Madness. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah, I’ve spotted a couple of these. Unbelievable.... £70k for a slow bag of shite! Right up there on stolen list too.
    No ta...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I wonder if they'll do a Mogadishu options pack:D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information