1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lawnmower Needed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Sep 14, 2019.

1. I’m deaf and suffer from tinnitus anyway :confused:, have to wear hearing aids so I just mute them:) (same when on the bike and when SWMBO wants something;))

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sorry?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Does that really work to avoid further hearing damage?

Surely the hairs in your ears are still being overexcited and damaged by loud noises leading to further hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I assume you’re referring to the microscopic hairs within the cochlea in the inner ear? My hearing loss is due to otoscelorosis, a hardening and calcification of the bones in the middle ear and the shell of the cochlea itself. I’ve had hearing aids since I was 30:(. Originally NHS ones (which are shite) but now sooper dooper very expensive but very good ones:). They’re controlled from my phone; if I mute them, as part of them is well into my ear canal, it’s the same as putting in ear plugs for someone with normal hearing.

I could write chapter & verse on hearing loss and hearing aids if anyone’s interested. We all get deafer as we get older but as it’s so gradual over the years it goes unnoticed:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. A great day weatherwise for testing out that new lawnmower of yours with photographs pretty please.:thinkingface:

6. Be very happy for you to tell me my tinnitus will get better in a few days :D

7. And bins of course :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Not bought it yet. I’m waiting for the end of season sale :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sorry Majestic Dave but the answer is no. :(

But you should go and see a proper & reputable audiologist.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. ok, despite all the evidence to the contrary. see in a couple of days, it will be fine. :upyeah:
    mine will be too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I don't believe in any of that umbo-jumbo. Pure superstition.

12. Pardon....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Watch it :D I love mowing and Doing the edges I would do anything to be able too
    Nothing like a tidy garden
    I have even cut the hedges

• Like Like x 1
  14. I SAID …

Oh, I see what you did there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. This it the answer I believe :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thats it, you just need to believe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Reminds me of the sketch taking the piss out of an evangelist curing a deaf boy - 'say Jesus' as the evangelist pokes him in the eye :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Cheap skate.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. He'll need a fekkin scythe to chop the grass waiting that long :astonished:

20. Nope the only bloke in the uk with the scythe & that black outfit has more important matters to deal with......... like death.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information