1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Leathers…

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Stuliet, Jun 13, 2022.

1. If anyone wants to relive the 80's with a pearlescent white, gold and silver, stars and stripes themed one piece, as long as you are a tall skinny thing, then talk to me. No shrinking violets

starsnstripes-large.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's a bit lairy, even for the 80's. By lairy I mean optically offensive. Ive had to put my sunglasses on after seeing that, just to allow my eyes to rest.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You could dye the leather... I dyed some leather car seats..they were perfect after. You need the paint/dye product that bonds into the leather.

4. I'm not sure, Captain America might be mad at me if he ever wants his suit back. I would also need a fool proof way to lose a couple of pounds, or perhaps a bit more, that doesn't involve eating less/being more active. Tricky

5. I have to ensure someone is at home if I wear my 1 piece, apparently it’s the sign of a good fit.:confused:

6. Wear your tool belt too. The brownie point will last for days.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. The au-pair would work better for me.;)

8. Is that a bottle of Windolene glass cleaner by the window? If so how often do you/maid clean the windows as the bottle is nearl full :eek:
    #standards

9. That appears to be Fairy Liquid. :)

10. A proper builder wouldve created an arched top door to go with the arched entrance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not for me, but must be a human interest story in how these came to be back in the day....

Can you enlighten, or possibly warn, us?

12. No idea what it is, I just went to check and it says ""Fairy Liquid" on the side. I will ask Mrs Stuliet what it is for when she is back from working down the pit :upyeah:

I really dislike that stupid arch. Each day I hate it a little more. The floor is some equally stupid thick marble tiles so I have to crouch down every time I go in the kitchen due to the reduced headroom. This is my excuse for rarely going to the kitchen.

I would love to help, but that period of my life is just a blur now (for various reasons)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Yep, done that in a shop too, managed to extricate myself but at one point thought I was going to have to call for assistance!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. i know vintage shops on brick lane that would pay a fortune for those

15. Or buy them…:joy:

16. I’m curious why Brian doesn’t recommend D30. Clearly, he’s thorough when it comes to protection details, and he’s not a D30 fan. I wonder what’s up with D30?

Brian gets his upgraded armour from Betac. Presumably, it’s excellent armour because I believe it’s commonly used in MotoGP suits.

In contrast, Hideout uses D30 as its armour of choice. I take it as a good D30 recommendation because Kate drops suppliers when the quality’s not up to scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pro-prose

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Was at BKS a few days ago; touring coast on GS. Talked to Alison at length about their new textile suits. They have stopped using Knox and now use their own armour; quote/unquote

DA53A15E-09A4-4872-8E7D-E0B57BEE1698.jpeg

19. @Biot What were your thoughts on BKS’s textile clothing?

I was at BKS recently (like you, I wanted to see their new textiles). I also visited Hideout to try their textile gear, and I was surprised at the differences between BKS and Hideout’s textiles. (IMO, the difference between their leathers is smaller.)

Brian said they used Knox as standard, but you can upgrade it. I saw BKS’s upgraded armour, and it was Betac. I gather many (most?) MotoGP suits have Betac-manufactured armour.

#39 Freerange_egg, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information