1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member 1199 ,hi To All. Rear Shock Bolt Broke!?

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chops, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Cheers thaught so. If riding today be safe.

2. I would contact the dealer first,since they are known to you, and definitely have some obligation to resolve this. That is not to say that Ducati are not worth contacting aswell. They are clearly aware of the problem having dealt with it on what would appear to be many occasions. The tragic case involving Ryans father will have put this firmly into their minds.

Incidently, Ducati are open on Monday in la bella Italia...

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. 63 plate, so 5 years old, was it a Ducati dealer?

I'd be going back to the dealer (there is a diminishing responsibility of problems they can be held responsible for) and contacting a dealer or using the recall VIN search with your VIN that's on the ducati.com website. Could be worth seeing if it should have been recalled, and if it was done (that's a call to most dealers or DUK email) and check out the bolt fitted. Does that look like a factory fit faulty bolt (I don't know, never had one)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks

5. Hi Group.March 23 now! . Just looked up any updates on this matter and seen there have been additional failures! I've now got a 2014 1199S (Öhlins) . Bought with 8 miles on ,was stored for 6 years. I've only ridden on track an odd few sessions and some very smooth Yorkshire roads.Now got 2300 miles on clock.
    Has anyone got any further with Ducati recognising this? Or have they whitewashed with getting dealers to use the "overtorqued" phrase ?

6. March 23
    Hi Hopefully you're OK. Long time since I checked this thread.
    That's a lucky escape like me! I notice you had no rear pegs on so were very lucky indeed!
    I've got rid of said bike a few years ago but now have a low mileage 1199S. 2300m.Only solo rides and smooth roads.
    Nothing back from Ducati Customer service after my initial chat on the phone back in 16.
    I went to the factory in July 17 on a Tour and saw a guy and handed him the bolt pieces x2 and a bit of pigeon Italian/ English later I got the message through that their bolt was shite!. I basically said that's a piece of crap ....DEAL with it! ,CIAO!
    Any comeback on yours.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information