1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member From Loughborough

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by SlowHand, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Hi all!

I am a new member, originally from London but now living in Loughborough. Oldish, having brought my first bike in the mid '70's. My main bike is a 2016 Scrambler Full Throttle.

I am having trouble convincing myself that I don't need a Monster 1200. That said, the one in the dealers is red, great to sit on and sounds very nice. I have embarked on some self help - to convince me that I don't need it - I am doing this by watching countless M1200 youtube videos; but it isn't working!!

Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the forum Slowhand, is it a 1200 or 1200s you are most not interested in?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome aboard Eric,all Ducati's sound like a cork coming out of a bottle of red:upyeah:monster it is then:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. It would be the standard 1200, I can't really justify the additional circa £3k - but I might throw a quickshifter and screen on it.

I love the FT, it is my first Duke and sounds great, it just needs another 25BHP. The 1100 scramblers look like the old Kawazaki Zephyrs to me and seem to have lost the original quirkiness.

#4 SlowHand, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  5. Yeh, ditch the Scramblie and buy a proper bike o_O:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ouch! I do love the FT but I know what you mean.

I am soooo glad that you guys are helping me take the sensible path, thanks :p

7. Welcome .... have you seen this, not far from you if you fancy a ride out.

Think there is a small gathering at Melton first, to ride out to Bottesford.

25660090_10155408151254811_5402493111714976695_n.jpg

8. Welcome - I’m down the road from you in Mountsorrel.

9. welcome - enjoy yer twilight years - pensions ain't what they used to be......

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome along mate:cool:

11. Welcome David

12. Welcome SlowHand

13. Wow, thanks for sll the welcomes and comments.

GordonH - "Mountsorrel", I have just been to Waitrose there (again).

14. Free coffee?

Car park full of Q7’s and Range Rovers on the long trek from Quorn.

Always busy.....it was empty when it was Budgens....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I don't like the coffee; free or not, so I don't bother with it. I like the self service zappers and quieter than Tescos on a Saturday. The car park WAS full of the lastest Landies and other 4x4's - well there were a few flakes of snow in the air :confused:

16. Welcome Eric, you will find the forum both interesting and informative, however ducbird's gonna be one unhappy bunny unless you get a photo of your recycling bins up. The bike is optional!
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Get a red one you need yes need a nice shiny red one

Pics of bike (when bought) and bins required it’s the law here and we like them

Welcome into the mad house :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Welcome and get the monster. You only live once. So they say...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hello & Welcome

Do Not Sell My Personal Information