1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member From Loughborough

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by SlowHand, Mar 17, 2018.

1. I have 2 recycling bins............................someones going to be happy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oh you tease!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have been here a while now and the self help isn't working, worse than that, I still haven't posted any pictures of bins :blush:.

I have arranged to pop into the local dealers tomorrow to buy my new bike but I am still pondering.

The list has been narrowed to 4 options;
    1) 1200 Monster in red P/X the Full Throttle.
    2) 1200S Monster in red, P/X the Full Throttle, but is it really worth £2900 more than option 1?
    3) 1100 Scrambler Sport, P/X the Full Throttle, But is 86BHP enough? - I have an additional £500 off voucher making it a better deal.
    4) 821 Monster in red and keep the Full Throttle. I have had multiple bikes, only use the one and are too tight to enjoy 2 lots of Ducati servicing costs and insurance.

All options to include the additional 2 year Red warranty.

4. I’ve got money on you acquiring a new V4s:) seriously I’d be keeping the Scrambler, chopped mine in for my DVT and missed it, so went out and got a cafe racer and a 1260s, Happy now although I do like the V4. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I really can't do it. I spent part of last year getting rid of my 2 stroke collection, let alone the couple of modern bikes. I just have the Yam YA6 now - still in bits (closest to the camera). I did have another RD400 in the shed too when I took the picture.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. The red Suzuki TS250 in the picture looked like this when I brought it

upload_2018-4-25_17-1-39.png

7. What i can see it looks like a very nice job:upyeah:

8. Cheers.

At Squires for a 2 stroke weekend a few years back

upload_2018-4-25_17-7-1.png

• Like Like x 3
  9. At the risk of throwing a spanner in the ointment can I suggest option 5 ? Buy a secondhand 1200, run that for a couple of months and see how you get on and if it is enough for you ? I`ve seen a couple of standard ones advertised between £6-£7k recently so a pretty safe way to test without the risk of massive depreciation .
    I have been lucky enough to ride a few thousand miles on both scrambler engines albeit in 796 & 1100 Monsters and while the 1100 might not sound like it has much more on paper the difference on the road is very noticeable. I appreciate both have less power in the Scrambler than when in the Monster.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for all the replies. I ended up buying a 1200S, in Red, with the additional 2 years warranty. I pick the bike up on 14th May. Happy days!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Excellent - enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I collected the new bike earlier. Very happy!!!!

upload_2018-5-14_13-23-57.jpeg

13. Where’s ya bin!!!! :punch::weary_face:

14. I's bin to Nottingham for the bike!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Got to say, I am loving the Monster :). I haven't done too many miles on it so far but it was the right choice for me (I may change that view as soon as the points start racking up on my licence).

My only negative comment is that I think that Ducati forgot to put a neutral in the gearbox. A few more miles, and a nip up of the chain, may help here.

16. Welcome I am in luggerborough too !!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome

I rode through Loughborough today...ish

:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information