1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member Just Bought My First Ducati A 2007 1098 In Red.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by James 1098, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello pavey the pics are not my bike .

2. Found my bike

3. Oh yes, i've read it properly now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #25 Ben Mallinson, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  5. Don’t know about exhaust I’m on the same page I’ve never seen ones like that neither.agreed couple of small extras but looks pretty much standard.what you think?

6. The quality of the photo's aren't showing great on my tablet so hard to see too much detail on it, but it looks tidy enough from what I can see James :upyeah:

Hope they manage to get the fuse issue sorted for you soon and you get it home safely. Not had a 1098 myself but if its anything like the 1198, it will make your cheeks ache from grinning each time you take it out :p

Let is know how you get on and if they can't sort it in a reasonable amount of time, you can always walk away and find another example :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. When do you pick it up?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome. I think "pro twins" are near you and apparently have a good rep. Wouldn't take to a mate personally, things can get messy if things go tits skyward.Ducati are a bit specialized too. Just me maybe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Hello mate they should be dropping it to me next week I hope fingers crossed

10. Good news @James 1098, I guess that means they have sorted the fuse issue? What was the issue in the end?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was told it will be done by next week by superbike factory Wednesday when I called.they are working on it now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Ben. Just exhaust bungs they sometimes push in to stop moisture from getting in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thanks

14. Every days a school day Ian, first time I've seen them... Good idea and makes sense though :upyeah:

15. They don’t look like bungs to me. They appear to be part of the silencer end caps.
    In my opinion.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  16. Looking again, you’re right. Haven’t seen end caps like those before.

17. Whale cum! Thats a beauty!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Any updates / pictures of those luverly pipes :grinning:

19. @Jimbob998 what’s with the “lock thread” emoticon?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information