1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by RoadRunner, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Cheers XH558 - wish I could run as fast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ditto:upyeah:

3. Welcome aboard

4. Welcome to the Ducati forum enjoy your new ride pictures of your bike and bins please it’s the forum law

5. Thanks for the welcome - bike delivered last night! Still love the look of the 848 but today its raining for a change.... and its toooo clean to ride on shitty roads at the mo. As soon as my shifts co-inside with a dry day (may be in for a long wait then) I'll post some photos. Meanwhile, still getting to grips wandering around the forum. No problem with abiding by the forum law. ;-)
    RR

6. As requested, ;-) despite man-flu, I just forced myself out for my first ride the 848 and felt better for it - and why wouldn't I! Anyway, didn't make a twat of myself and anything too stupid. A very different ride to the ZX6R which was to be expected - the 848 is 8 years more modern for a start. I have ridden Supersports 900, just incase you're thinking I randomly bought the 848 with zero knowledge! The mirrors might go - canna see whats behind without serious jiggling of body position, but hey ho...still enjoyed it. I may have lots of typical 'new to Ducati questions' to ask as I get used to it. So bear with please. Some pics (with the odd bin in background) of the 848 with its stable mate. <br>

Ducati-848#03.jpg

Ducati-848#04.jpg

Ducati-848#05.jpg

Ducati-848#08.jpg

Ducati-848#11.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. very nice,
    and you have made Ducbird happy with the bin :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’m really liking the 848 - very tempted!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers Vinne, and I've not been called 'Dave' yet ;-) Supposed there's still time!

10. Welcome Dave!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hi LiveFast, the 848 is sweet, feels really stable for my first Duc. Obviously not got anywhere near her limit on a first ride. But thought the 848 for my first Duc wouldn't be too daunting or scary?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheers SteveD - I feel that's a true welcome now. :upyeah:

13. I think you have made a great choice - all of the recent Ducati middle weight bikes are perfect introductions to the marque - sweet handling but without the scary power - it won’t be long before you will be wringing it’s neck - get it on the track! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Happy to oblige RR

848 is a good choice
    I had a 1098 Tricolore which was beautiful but i always thought it was about to kill be if my skills weren’t up to its standards!

steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks guys for the positive comments. Being slightly older now, I did explore the ZX6R slower than I may have done when a teenager! Will do the same with Duc. As for Tracks Days, I took the kwack around Donington on World Kawasaki Day and in Sept won a Ron Haslem track day! Felt good, albeit on a Honda, but certainly recognised my limits. So gently, gently with the Duc in winter. I nearly bought a 1098 but the *ardtard sold it even though they knew I was popping over to view! Every cloud has a silver lining eh? The 848 will be enough to keep me on my toes for a while. Cheers RR

16. Great looking bike great pictures

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information